Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mvmanolov

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2013
I hope you win that bet.

ahaha, you and many others i suppose. TBH i only want it sooner so i can see if they release a mini at the same time :D

nMP is too rich for my non-"pro" needs :D though would love to have one of those in the living room running my LED TV :D purely for bragging rights and aesthetics (yes i am one of the apparently few that really like the new design)...

Jnesbitt82

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2013
Ohio
ahaha, you and many others i suppose. TBH i only want it sooner so i can see if they release a mini at the same time :D

nMP is too rich for my non-"pro" needs :D though would love to have one of those in the living room running my LED TV :D purely for bragging rights and aesthetics (yes i am one of the apparently few that really like the new design)...

You're not alone. I love the new design.

mvmanolov

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2013
You're not alone. I love the new design.

:D
especially in comparison with the old one... that thing was enormous. Not something to put on a desk that's for sure... rather hide it away under the table so no one can see it.. the new one thought is all peacocky... :D

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007

I lost patience and ordered a 2.6 i7 Mac Mini with the fusion drive. I want to use it with Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 which is the gold standard for audio/midi but it's routing application did a hard crash on the Mac Mini. That's like a hard crash with Logic Pro X!

I can only surmise that SJ spirit has intervened and so I'll be returning the Mac Mini and will once again wait. :eek::p

crw

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2010
It's now officially December in Cupertino but alas no Mac Pro's for sale...

Ben1l

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2006
It was never going to be December 1st. That would have been far too UNcryptic for Apple.

NOV

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2004
The Netherlands
My Prediction:

- they are announced/ go live on store: december 20th
- delivery time will be 2-3 weeks
- delivery time is lenghtened to 4-6 weeks because of "production hiccups"
- the first customers receive their nMP around Feb 1st, 2014

fixmdude

macrumors member
May 8, 2009
My Prediction:

As much as I'd like one, I'll build a PC before I wait til Feb. for something that was supposed to be available in the Fall. Apple can wait until the last day in Fall and be pompous, but waiting until Feb. with no warning is being a jerk to those waiting.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
It all depends on Intel. So if Intel delays the chips, nMP's will be delayed. If Intel delivers tomorrow you'd bet that Apple opens up orders tomorrow. They want to sell this thing before the new years due to tax breaks obviously.

mvmanolov

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2013
I lost patience and ordered a 2.6 i7 Mac Mini with the fusion drive. I want to use it with Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 which is the gold standard for audio/midi but it's routing application did a hard crash on the Mac Mini. That's like a hard crash with Logic Pro X!

I can only surmise that SJ spirit has intervened and so I'll be returning the Mac Mini and will once again wait. :eek::p

Bah, sorry to hear that :(

hopefully it won't be much longer. Did you check your logs for the reason of the crash?

compute

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2013
I find that the way Apple deals with this is straight up stupid...i get that they want to create a hype around the release but seriously...at least give people the prices of the 8 and 12 core configurations, whats with all the secrecy?

In the beginning it was kind of fun to wait for a release of a new apple product...in the case of the MP it is enough to completely be done with Apple...its just ridiculous they way the handle the MP and the customers whom rely on it.

Average Pro

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2013
Cali
Still On Topic

Congrats! When I got up this morning, I was thinking of starting a thread on this exact topic. I cannot wait for the MacPro to hit the shelves. I've set aside a budget for the tax year. However, if it doesn't ship prior to, then I'll use that money to purchase external TB hard drives.

My old MacPro must know it's on its way. Every week that passes, it seems to get a little bit slower.

On a pseudo-related note. I'm surprised this thread has made it this far without a single negative remark - shocking! I'm accustomed to seeing an immediate comment which typicaly blames the President, christians, conservatives, slave labor, global warming, marketing, luddites, trekkies, etc.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
My Prediction:

I feel this is gonna be the situation even though I really hope not

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.