Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Is anyone else having problems with their 3G connection under iOS 7?

I have Sprint, and in my area they are currently testing LTE, but it isn't widely available yet. If I happen to find an area with LTE, it zips right along, but on 3G, I get absolutely NOTHING. No internet connected apps will recognize that I have even the slightest connection.

Is this an iOS 7 specific issue? Anyone else experienced it? Any carrier settings fixes out there?

Another weird thing: Sometimes I'll be in an area where I know I typically get an LTE connection, but it stays stuck on 3G. Occasionally, a hard reboot will cause it to switch back to LTE after the reset, but sometimes that doesn't work either. Weird.

MountainJew

Suspended
Aug 3, 2012
ATX

I have Sprint, and in my area they are currently testing LTE, but it isn't widely available yet. If I happen to find an area with LTE, it zips right along, but on 3G, I get absolutely NOTHING. No internet connected apps will recognize that I have even the slightest connection.

Is this an iOS 7 specific issue? Anyone else experienced it? Any carrier settings fixes out there?

Another weird thing: Sometimes I'll be in an area where I know I typically get an LTE connection, but it stays stuck on 3G. Occasionally, a hard reboot will cause it to switch back to LTE after the reset, but sometimes that doesn't work either. Weird.

Yeah, I have noticed that too. Then again, I've always had this problem with Sprint here in Austin where we "supposedly" have LTE all over.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL

Same thing happens to me. Even on iOS6. Just a typical experience on Sprint. Even the LTE they are testing in my area is slow. <1 Mbps

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Same thing happens to me. Even on iOS6. Just a typical experience on Sprint. Even the LTE they are testing in my area is slow. <1 Mbps

This has never been my experience with Sprint in my area, for close to a year now. When I have LTE, I usually pull between 15-20Mbps. On 3G, I used to get usually between 1-5, which is slow, but still will let me connect as long as I'm patient.

At this time, I have NO connection whatsoever through 3G. Absolutely none. Do you think a call to Sprint might help? Or are they going to brush me off if I'm running beta software?

I guess I'll try restoring to 6.1.4 for a day or two and see if that works.

Another weird thing I've noticed in iOS 7: all text messages are sent as SMS unless I'm on WiFi or LTE. Prior to installing the beta, it would always send as an iMessage unless I had almost no connection. Which makes sense, actually, since I don't currently have a 3G connection.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
This has never been my experience with Sprint in my area, for close to a year now. When I have LTE, I usually pull between 15-20Mbps. On 3G, I used to get usually between 1-5, which is slow, but still will let me connect as long as I'm patient.

At this time, I have NO connection whatsoever through 3G. Absolutely none. Do you think a call to Sprint might help? Or are they going to brush me off if I'm running beta software?

I guess I'll try restoring to 6.1.4 for a day or two and see if that works.

Another weird thing I've noticed in iOS 7: all text messages are sent as SMS unless I'm on WiFi or LTE. Prior to installing the beta, it would always send as an iMessage unless I had almost no connection. Which makes sense, actually, since I don't currently have a 3G connection.

yeah definitely sounds like a problem. My 3G works just fine, although slow enough. I can't ever stream iTunes radio or anything, but iMessage works well.

----------

Try dialing ##873283# to update your profile/PRL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.