Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJES

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2022
So I Decided To Come Back To My Ol Macbook Pro Model A1398 Whose Brightness doesnt work Bit Of Backstory To Describe My Problems
I Decided To Install Ubuntu On It With An Ext Hard Drive Then To Sell The Int Hard Drive Someone Bought The Int Hard Drive And Then I Proceded To Install Ubuntu On It Mid Install It Froze It Was Plugged In To Confirm The Laptop Was Operational I Decided To Unplug It The Brightness Went Down So Then I Forced Shutdown The Laptop The Second I Went To Turn It Again The BIOS Was On Minimum Brightness Basically No bACKLIGHT cUZ Macbooks Turn Off Their Backlight At Minimuum Brightness But Its In The BIOS Screen And I Have No Way To Get Back To Ubuntu Or Even Select The Boot Media Any Recomendations
(Sorry For Bad Grammar And Low Quality Pics The Pics Were Intentional To Protect My Privacy)

Attachments

• Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Keyboard.jpg
    Keyboard.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Model Number And Stuff.jpg
    Model Number And Stuff.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 18
  • The Laptop Itself.jpg
    The Laptop Itself.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 16

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN

AJES

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2022
Have you done an SMC reset?

…And NVRAM/PRAM clear:

I gave it a try the smc you I'm not sure if I did it correctly the nvram and pram reset I'm sure it did work cuz it rebooted on its own like the article said got no results tho was expecting at least a bios screen btw I think I should mention that the way I had keyboard brightness is that I installed zorin os not Ubuntu to see if the MacBook pro was still operational but the keyboard doesn't work I tested that by pressing F5 F6 to change the keyboard brightness it did nothing

AJES

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2022
I gave it a try the smc you I'm not sure if I did it correctly the nvram and pram reset I'm sure it did work cuz it rebooted on its own like the article said got no results tho was expecting at least a bios screen btw I think I should mention that the way I had keyboard brightness is that I installed zorin os not Ubuntu to see if the MacBook pro was still operational but the keyboard doesn't work I tested that by pressing F5 F6 to change the keyboard brightness it did nothing
I'm expecting it to be for the OS cuz it did the ram reset correctly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.