Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

herdnerfer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
Saint louis, MO
Anyone else think it is ridiculous that Verizon cannot put my name on caller Id when I am calling someone's landline? I talked to a rep there and they stated it has to say "wireless caller" and they cannot change it. I guess I should've stayed with my unlocked iPhone on tmobile....

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Anyone else think it is ridiculous that Verizon cannot put my name on caller Id when I am calling someone's landline? I talked to a rep there and they stated it has to say "wireless caller" and they cannot change it. I guess I should've stayed with my unlocked iPhone on tmobile....

So you want your full name to show up on peoples caller ID when you're calling them? I rather not.

PurdueGuy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
settings,phone,show my caller ID,ON
That is whether or not to send the NUMBER on on outgoing call.

The OP is asking that Verizon populate the names of the subscribers in the caller ID databases. Evidently, Verizon isn't doing that.

Personally, I don't care. Most friends have a cell phone, which never handles names via caller ID (cell phones look up the number in address book). Anyone with caller ID at home recognizes my number, or some have the name. But it's a personal preference, could see it either way.

AT&T used to have "Wireless caller" or some friends would see "Calif. Wireless" or something similar. Now it has my name. Either way, I usually call people I know, or businesses that would have my name anyway, or would need it!

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I had the same problem with Verizon. Funny after I switched my wife and I to AT&T and left 1 line with Verizon (Mom) that 1 line magically shows my last name and first name. For years I complained to VZW and after I leave, they fix it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.