Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
I've just been to the dium site and they say there app is replacing ichat in 10.5 look at this site http://www.adiumx.com/blog/ and scroll down, i hope this isn't true i love ichat and will keep tiger for as long as possible

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
I seems pretty true to me, and I think it's great. It will merge the features of iChat and Adium, the major difference being, support for more chat protocols.

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! god why don't i read evrything first it's an april fools joke, thank god

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
max_altitude said:
I seems pretty true to me, and I think it's great. It will merge the features of iChat and Adium, the major difference being, support for more chat protocols.

Although apparently a joke, it would be nice if iChat at least adopted tabbed chatting and support for more IM interfaces (from Adium) in its next version.

khisayruou

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2004
Le Big Mac said:
Although apparently a joke, it would be nice if iChat at least adopted tabbed chatting and support for more IM interfaces (from Adium) in its next version.

There already is tabbed chatting via Chax, there is no need for Apple to waste it's time, they just need to hire the Chax developer. One of the few things missing for me is a good log viewer, but yet again, Chax has plans to make something real nice.

EDIT* Looks like the new beta from Chax has a few good stuff for the log viewer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.