Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thi12ty7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
Hi

I am a newbie and i just bought my first mac ever!!! I was just curious. I did not get ilife 05 cd with my powerbook purchase. Do i have to go buy ilife 05 from the store? Sorry if this has been discussed earlier, i couldnt find it

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
thi12ty7 said:
Hi

I am a newbie and i just bought my first mac ever!!! I was just curious. I did not get ilife 05 cd with my powerbook purchase. Do i have to go buy ilife 05 from the store? Sorry if this has been discussed earlier, i couldnt find it

If it didn't come preloaded, then you can get the discs from Apple for $10 under the "up to date" program.

Personally, since iLife was released some time ago, it should have been included and I would go to teh store and demand a free copy.

Now, if what you're asking is "why didn't I get the disks in addition to the preloaded copy" well, that's a copy-protection scheme I guess, and just the way it works.

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
iLife '05 should be installed on your Mac and be on the install disks you received with it, unless I'm somehow mistaken. But you shouldn't have a specific iLife '05 disk.

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
thi12ty7 said:
Hi

The restore CDs will have your copy of iLife, if you install a newer version of OS X you can put your copy on the new install by chucking the first restore CD in and choosing install bundled apps.

HTH

thi12ty7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
thank for your guys response...i am a newbie...ilife 05 came installed already on my pb as did tiger. I guess what i am trying to ask is if i reinstall tiger is ilife 05 on the tiger install disc? There are two tiger install disc but no ilife 05 disc.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
thi12ty7 said:
thank for your guys response...i am a newbie...ilife 05 came installed already on my pb as did tiger. I guess what i am trying to ask is if i reinstall tiger is ilife 05 on the tiger install disc? There are two tiger install disc but no ilife 05 disc.
The second disk has additional applications that came with your PowerBook on it, including iLife. You can install these things using the Software Restore feature on your restore discs if you ever need to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.