Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barrettd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Oklahoma City
I purchased the LX700 Desktop (wireless keyboard, wireless mouse) the day after I got my new PM. I brought it home, installed it and everything, but the Logitech Control Center didn't recognize either device unless I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Even then, I couldn't configure all the extra buttons on the keyboard. When I would configure the mouse controls and exit System Preferences, if I wanted to re-configure it again, I had to replug in the USB base. Basically, the hassle wasn't worth it at all and since I couldn't reconfigure the keyboard, it was really not worth it.

I took it back, got the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 3.0 and it works like a charm. I can change the keyboard buttons, the mouse is terrific, it's everything I hoped the Logitech would be. No rechargeable base, but that's OK.

I was really disappointed the Logitech stuff didn't work well, but I looked around and it seems like they don't support anything past 10.3.5. Anyone else using a Logitech duo with any luck?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.