Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

absolutic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
So I see many had this error with old iphone. I got my 3G 2 days ago. Since then, I have had the phone all of the sudden display "NO SIM CARD" Message at the top where it should say AT&T 3 times already. Each time, I pick up the phone to make a call and I discover this message. I reboot by pressing the top button and home button at the same time. The problem goes away each time. But comes back in few hours. Is there another way to deal with it, other than to do a reboot like I am doing?

RasaFrasa

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2007
Oakdale, CA
I had this same problem this morning and this is how I fixed it:

Hard reset; home + sleep button until unit shuts out.
I went to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

However if that doesn't work you could try doing a "Reset All Settings". Or if you have another SIM around try switching them out and then back again.

Doing all that in that order actually got the error to go away and made my phone work again.

absolutic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
I had this same problem this morning and this is how I fixed it:

Hard reset; home + sleep button until unit shuts out.
I went to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

However if that doesn't work you could try doing a "Reset All Settings". Or if you have another SIM around try switching them out and then back again.

Doing all that in that order actually got the error to go away and made my phone work again.

I tried a couple of these things and so far it has been working for the last 14-16 hours, so far so good. Lets see if it lasts

The Sweet Love

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2008
I have had this problem too! I have tried everything but the problem keeps occurring. Is it possible there is something wrong with the SIM card I have?

drkkn1ght

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
You can't fix the problem

I had this problem maybe 9 hours i bought the 3G iPhone the first day. Basically just go into an AT&T store tell them that, and they will give you a new sim card. The sales rep told me that some of the 3G sim cards were defective.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.