No sound when getting text message

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bmms8, Jul 18, 2008.

1. macrumors 68020

Dec 19, 2007
    Hello, if someone texts me, my phone will only vibrate. this only happens for the first text though, after i start a conversation the sound comes. Is this normal, or is there a way to fix this?

Also, does anyone know how to increase the mail glass sound?

Thanks in advance!
  2. thread starter macrumors 68020

Dec 19, 2007
    anyone at all? ill even test it for you by sending you a text if you want.. haha
  3. thread starter macrumors 68020

Dec 19, 2007
    not to be a d**k but no one uses text? What happened to all the bickering about AT&T not offering 200 texts. Can someone please help. Thanks in advance.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Feb 18, 2008
    there have been certain sound issues reported with 2.0. I've experienced this, and sometimes I get the "whoosh" sound for an incoming text - the one that is actually for outgoing.
  5. macrumors regular

Jul 6, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    I've had a problem not getting sound from some of my texts too. I just restart my phone and it fixes it.
  6. macrumors regular

Oct 5, 2007
    I seem to not get text notification sounds if my phone's been on idle too long. It does vibrate if it's on silent though.
  7. thread starter macrumors 68020

Dec 19, 2007
    thanks for the replies guys. i turned it off and on and it fixed it. i guess this is a temporary fix until apple hopefully takes care of it in a software update.