No Valid Source

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by rayward, Aug 16, 2010.

1. rayward
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

I've asked this question before, and not received a workable answer. I have (now) 3 movies - ripped from Blu Ray - that won't encode in Handbrake because, it says "No Valid Source". ********!

I have ripped dozens of movies from Blu Ray with Make MKV, an Handbrake has no trouble with them.

2. dynaflash
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

I am afraid without a pastebinned activity log from HandBrake it would be impossible to tell.

3. TxP
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

I usually have no trouble with MakeMKV'd Blus & Handbrake, however just the other day I ran into my first problem title with Fight Club. Same thing - HB was reporting No Valid Source even though the MKV played fine in VLC.

Re-ripped it in MakeMKV this time being sure to turn off all the extra audio & subtitle tracks leaving only the primary video and audio. HB was happy with the resulting file. Coincidence? Maybe, but it worked for me. YMMV.

4. ichaddy
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

Yes, I get this with about 40% of my Blurays.

I use TSMuxer on a Leopard OS'd MacMini to convert to a .mt2s file. Once you have one of these beauties Handbrake will love the file once again. Chapters are sometimes lost though - sorry.

Have fun!

5. rayward
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks ichaddy!

@dynaflash: I'm not sure there's any activity to report, as HB simply refuses to load the movie as a source. It's not falling at the first hurdle, it's not even getting off the blocks.

6. Kaiser Phoenix
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

Yeah I get this error all the time as well. Does it have something to do with Subtitles etc?

7. Bozley0621
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

8. lobby
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie