1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

No video with Plex

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by redmac, Aug 16, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

I have an early 2010 Mac Mini that I use as an HTPC. I mainly use it with Plex to watch channels like Hulu, PBS, CNN etc. A few days ago I noticed that Plex stopped displaying video content for some of the applications. When streaming starts, you can hear the audio but the display stays with the previous menu.

I recently downloaded the new version of Adobe Flash. Also, like a day or two before the problem happened, I saw an alert message about a problem about Phyton while I was watching a show. Back then I didn't pay much attention to it, but apparently it might be related to the problem.

I cleaned and reloaded both Flash and Plex, as an attempt to fix it. I also downloaded Silverlight but nothing helped. I noticed that when I put Plex back in the computer it came back with all my files, applications and preferences. So maybe it was only a problem with preferences.

While all these are happening with Plex' Boxee, XBMC and Hulu Desktop work as before, without any problem.

Did anybody else have a similar problem with Plex or do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

2. macrumors 68020