1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Nokia Lumia 900

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by GKDAIR, Oct 23, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

So, I know this new Nokia Lumia 920 is coming out soon with Windows 8, and I know the older phones won't be able to upgrade, but I don't feel safe buying it because

A) New tech always brings issues
    B) Moving out on my own, and need to save up

I have been a iphone user for a while, and I have no problems with apple or anything, I just want to try something different.

The Nokia Lumia 900 is INCREDIBLY sexy, I love the cyan color. I've always been a big fan of the Windows Phone U.I

I have an ipad and macbook, so I wouldn't be lacking any apps, all the apps I use on my iphone I could probably still get on the Lumia.

Does anybody have experience with this type of phone model?

2. macrumors newbie

iRobajob

I have a cyan lumia 900. I love it. The phone is beautiful. Its works great as a phone. Battery life is great, screen is nice, call quality is phenomenal. If you like the phone and have an iPad to quench your iOS app quality thirst. I say go for it. However I would sooner you get a WP8 device like the L820/920 but as your on a budget the L900 is a great introduction to WP. I got mine on ebay used for $180 shipped.

3. macrumors 65816

THE JUICEMAN

IMHO any software/ hardware bugs that come with the new Lumia 920 would be WELL worth the hassle vs getting the old 900.

Just to name a few advantages: better screen, wireless charging, better battery, WINDOWS 8 support, sensitive screen tech, MUCH better camera.

And the price will be $150 on contract which is cheaper than most high end phones.