Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BacklitFirefly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
Sandhills Area, North Carolina
I am a complete newbie to running Windows games on a Mac. I have a mid-2009 15" Macbook Pro, 2.53ghz with 8mb RAM with Invidia GeForce 9400m 256mb.

I do not own a copy of Windows to install, and I don't want to install Windows.

Is there some port, or some way I can run my Windows copies of Morrowind and Oblivion on this Mac? (I got them back when I had a Windows laptop for a while) I don't even know where to begin, so any really basic help would be appreciated. Thanks.

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
yes... there are wrappers you can use to make them work like Mac apps... go check out the forums at portingteam.com where hobby porters share their wrappers. I've run Morrowind and Oblivion both... they both run with Wineskin ports, but I believe last I tried Oblivion ran at a higher frame rate in the Cider hacked versions.

You'll have to run really low res and details on Oblivion with a 9400m, but it *should* work.

Paulk

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Sweden
I think you were referring to this:
"The Elder Scrolls: Legends is a collectible card video game developed by Dire Wolf Digital and published by Bethesda Softworks for Microsoft Windows and iOS in March 2017. Releases for Android and macOS are due later in 2017."

Last edited:

Paulk

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Sweden
https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/
What are the system requirements for The Elder Scrolls Online on PC / Mac?

PC Minimum System Requirements*:

• Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit
  • Processor: Intel i3 or AMD 3870 generation processors or higher
  • System RAM: 3GB
  • Hard Disk Space: 85GB free HDD space
  • GPU: Direct X 11.0 compliant video card with 1GB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 460 or AMD Radeon 6850)
  • Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
  • Internet: Internet Broadband Connection**
Mac Minimum System Requirements*:

• Operating System: OS X 10.9
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
  • System RAM: 4GB
  • Hard Disk Space: 85 GB free HDD space
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 460 or AMD Radeon 6850 (1GB of VRAM)
  • Media: DVD-ROM
  • OpenGL: 4.1
  • Internet: Internet Broadband Connection**
*System requirements are subject to change over time.**A persistent internet connection is required to play.

Paulk

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Sweden
Bethesda.net is not the right website, its spamming job? They are collecting names and email addresses if you sign in there?

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
Paulk, dude, it would have been a lot less embarrassing for you if you just said "oops, my mistake" instead of digging in deeper. By way of analogy, if someone asks about running Warcraft III on a modern Mac, I hope you wouldn't think it was appropriate to direct them to World of Warcraft. Also, there's nothing wrong with the link Janichsan posted. It has one of those silly "age gates" but there's no collection of information.

--Eric

Paulk

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Sweden
Its OK, this is the first time I've come across one website impersonating another. Really weird. Lesson learned, I will be a lot more careful in future.

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
There isn't any website referenced in this topic that's "impersonating another". You're either extremely confused, or trolling.

--Eric

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.