Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theinstructor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
Is there a driving mode where it's plugged in while driving and the screen stays on? It's very annoying and dangerous to mess with it while driving to wake it up, change songs, do something with GPS etc.

On the GPS screen it stays on but that's the only one. Thanks in advance, I just switched from iPhone. Maybe I just need to increase my screen timeout.

Mxbzz

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
I would recommend the app "AutoMate" from the Google Play Store. You'll have to play with the settings a bit, but it allows the screen to stay on while adding Car Mode features (speed limit, navigation, access to your music, reading texts, etc). It's a pretty refined app and apparently even integrates with Torque to get realtime data from your car if you've got an ODBII connector.

I also like how it has general IF connection statements (Open AutoMate if BT is connected to X and or Y, AND phone is charging, Turn off AutoMate if BT is disconnected, etc).

Reactions: M5RahuL and maxsix
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.