Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
Versus The black model and did you actually exchange it for the white?

There has been some threads with folks swearing there is a difference even if it small with screen quality with minis so I decided to look into it a bit.

The white versions on display in an Apple store looked brighter and the text wasn't quite as fuzzy as the black models. i am not saying it is dramatic over the black but it was noticeable. My GF is contemplating returning the black for the white. We were able to put each model side by side and it sure looked better for the white to some extent.

Just thought I'd post to see if anyone noticed this. Thanks for feedback.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The only difference could be with the screen's manufacturer, or you might perceive a difference because of the bezel color. In the end, what does it matter? If one screen looks better to you, then its a better screen.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
The only difference could be with the screen's manufacturer, or you might perceive a difference because of the bezel color. In the end, what does it matter? If one screen looks better to you, then its a better screen.

Looking for experiences is all but I understand your point. The manufacturer is different between different colored models?

I guess her getting a white model and checking it out would be wiser than to do a swap. She could then compare and return the one she does not want.

What is your opinion of posts swearing there is a difference amongst the quality of screens of the mini?

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Looking for experiences is all but I understand your point. The manufacturer is different between different colored models?

I guess her getting a white model and checking it out would be wiser than to do a swap. She could then compare and return the one she does not want.

What is your opinion of posts swearing there is a difference amongst the quality of screens of the mini?

The differences are coincidental between the two colors. While there may be slight variances in all the Samsung screens, for example, I don't think it's anything you can predict and it's def not anything that is tied to a particular color.

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
...or you might perceive a difference because of the bezel color. In the end, what does it matter? If one screen looks better to you, then its a better screen.

The differences are coincidental between the two colors. While there may be slight variances in all the Samsung screens, for example, I don't think it's anything you can predict and it's def not anything that is tied to a particular color.

^^These. All of the screens are the exact same resolution so saying that one is sharper than the other is absurd. The color of the bezel, whether people understand or believe it, can make a huge difference on how the display looks. Its all about your eye and how it interprets the colors with the surroundings.

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
I had two white ones. One screen was better and brighter than the other. I just put it down to different screen manufacturers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.