Notifications when someone has posted in your thread?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Dr McKay, Feb 1, 2012.

1. macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Apologies if this has been made before, but I could not find any threads asking the same thing in MRoogle.

Would it be possible to have a notification similar to the quote notification when someone posts in a thread that you have created?

2. macrumors 601

sammich

I'd suggest turning on auto-subscribe to 'instant' in your settings. YMMV though, I don't always get these messages in a timely manner.

@ simsalad: probably a google search with "site:macrumors.com" in the search. Same thing.

3. simsaladimbamba

4. thread starter macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I can't get on Mroogle because I'm deployed overseas and the Ministry of Defence filter nailed it. I thought it would be easier to say I couldnt find it.

Ahh where abouts is that? Ive looked at my settings and can't find anything like that.

5. simsaladimbamba

It has been offline since 8/2011 or so, Advanced Search does still work though.

User Control Panel > Settings & Options > Edit Options > Messaging & Notification > Default Thread Subscription Mode > Instant email notification, though it is probably not what you are after.

6. macrumors P6

Intell

Go here: http://forums.macrumors.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

It's under the Messaging & Notification heading and Default Thread Subscription Mode sub-heading. Change it to what ever you like.

7. thread starter macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Thanks everyone