Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Apologies if this has been made before, but I could not find any threads asking the same thing in MRoogle.

Would it be possible to have a notification similar to the quote notification when someone posts in a thread that you have created?

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
I'd suggest turning on auto-subscribe to 'instant' in your settings. YMMV though, I don't always get these messages in a timely manner.

@ simsalad: probably a google search with "site:macrumors.com" in the search. Same thing.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
MRoogle still works for you?

I can't get on Mroogle because I'm deployed overseas and the Ministry of Defence filter nailed it. I thought it would be easier to say I couldnt find it.

I'd suggest turning on auto-subscribe to 'instant' in your settings. YMMV though, I don't always get these messages in a timely manner.

Ahh where abouts is that? Ive looked at my settings and can't find anything like that.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I can't get on Mroogle because I'm deployed overseas and the Ministry of Defence filter nailed it. I thought it would be easier to say I couldnt find it.
It has been offline since 8/2011 or so, Advanced Search does still work though.

Ahh where abouts is that? Ive looked at my settings and can't find anything like that.
User Control Panel > Settings & Options > Edit Options > Messaging & Notification > Default Thread Subscription Mode > Instant email notification, though it is probably not what you are after.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.