Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What would you do?

• Get the new AWS tmobile iPhone and convert to tmobile

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • Unlock my AT&T iPhone and convert to tmobile

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Wait for the 5S and switch

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • Nothing really, I love turtles

Votes: 65 52.4%

• Total voters

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
I don't want to give up my Verizon service, and more importantly, my unlimited data. I'll gladly buy the phone at full retail and keep VZW.

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
I wouldn't change anything with what I have right now in terms of service.. I have AT&T, live in Manhattan, no problems with LTE service here. I am glad that T-Mobile can join in on the iPhone fun

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
isn't anyone from you guy seeing any price difference? tmbile is cheaper than Att

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
tmbile is cheaper than Att

The Verge posted some interested findings
- T-Mobile is cheaper than ATT or Verizon for an individual
- T-Mobile is about $40 over 2 years more than ATT or Verizon for a couple
- T-Mobile is more expensive than ATT or Verizon for a family of 4

So it boils down to needs, do you need 1 line or 4.

DanTesla1

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
That was my next research... Assuming they're both GSM, tmobile will allow talk n text like the AT&T ip5 right? Did they confirm this?

I have an iPhone 4 on T-Mobile now and when I connect to 3G I am able to surf the web simultaneously while on a call. While on Edge, no.

I will be getting the updated iPhone 5 for T-Mobile in the coming weeks, and then when the next iteration of the iPhone is released I'll try to sell it back to T-Mobile for credit (I read that somewhere yesterday) and upgrade that way. No contract means no worries about upgrades.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
nice... so i guess all GSM can talk and surf cuz of two way radio or something. while CDMA have one way either talk OR surf.

NayborAxi

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
The Verge posted some interested findings
- T-Mobile is cheaper than ATT or Verizon for an individual
- T-Mobile is about $40 over 2 years more than ATT or Verizon for a couple
- T-Mobile is more expensive than ATT or Verizon for a family of 4

So it boils down to needs, do you need 1 line or 4.

So much misinformation on this post is not even funny.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I have an unlocked att phone. I was considering paying for one month of tmobile just to see how their service is. I've tried tmobile twice (the most recent was maybe three years ago) and had terrible reception issues. Customer service was the best of any mobile company I had ever used.

Cody21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I guess if I were on T-Mobile I would just wait for the 5S to be released. It sort of makes sense cause we're not far away from a new release. Unless you don't like having the latest and greatest. :D

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I have been waiting for this moment, ditching Sprint, and going back to T-Mobile now. I miss having GSM, and how it handles call waiting, because I handle a lot of calls at once.

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
Considering AT&T doesn't even have LTE here, I highly doubt T-Mobile will any time soon. Verizon is the only way to go (in my location). It's icing on the cake that I still have my unlimited plan as well.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
My AT&T Contract ends a week after WWDC usually is, so if nothing else I'll wait and see what happens this year then, and if no 5S(as I assume their won't be), I'll grab the AWS iPhone 5 and switch to T-Mobile.

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
I got the 4S. Personally I am thinking of waiting until Apple sells the 5S unlocked. Pay full price for it unlocked, then go to T-Mobile.

I just hope that T-Mobiles service is good in my area, I might buy a pre-paid sim and give is a shot on my current phone first.

dvoros

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
tmobile iphone

Personally, I would wait for my contract to run out in June and then consider an HTC One or a Galaxy 4 both with screen sizes that make sense and are useable.:)

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Personally, I would wait for my contract to run out in June and then consider an HTC One or a Galaxy 4 both with screen sizes that make sense and are useable.:)

Yea cuz iPhone screen size is so unusable

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
I'm waiting until 5s, hopefully by that time they'll come up with some more valuable and better plans. It's just the same money over 100$ for unlimited everything and plus taxes.... And even more hopefully is the coverage in the next couple of months will increase. So I'm fine for right now. In summer no matter what but ill get one still :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.