Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Apple really should collapse the Mini and non-Max Pro into one model by splitting the size differences in half.

Reactions: Zwhaler

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
There are literally no options for phones anymore, it's all phablets for people who sit on the couch gaming, lie in bed watching movies, or take portraits in their professional photography studio.

Want something you can use while walking down the sidewalk holding a grocery bag and cup of coffee or while riding the subway holding on to the rail? Out of luck.

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2022
I'm going the other way. I was all for smaller phones and have always bought the smallest phone Apple made, but after a year with the 13 mini I'm going to upgrade to a 15 Pro.

On the up side, 13 mini used prices should hold relatively steady given Apple won't sell them anymore.

Septercius

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2017
UK
I'll keep mine until it dies. Then, in order of preference:

1. If the SE is still going and they change the design (I never liked the look of the 6/7/8), buy one of those.
2. If I can justify the expense, and live with the size (I have Trump hands), buy a the smallest non-SE available.
4378045732085708573. Buy an Android phone.

AlanMarron

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2023
I'll keep mine until it dies. Then, in order of preference:

1. If the SE is still going and they change the design (I never liked the look of the 6/7/8), buy one of those.
2. If I can justify the expense, and live with the size (I have Trump hands), buy a the smallest non-SE available.
4378045732085708573. Buy an Android phone.
Bravo!

1. I have an SE2 and the primary difference between it and the 13 mini is screen brightness and facial recognition—and the camera. The 13 mini has a much better camera system than the single lens SE series.

2. That is my most likely option. An iPhone 18.

3. There are 14 Apple devices in our home. Introducing a device with the Google ecosystem is a non-starter.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
I have had the 12 mini since it released and have enjoyed every second of it. I hate that they got rid of it and its starting to show its age (overheating/battery drain), so I will most likely end up with a 15 pro this year if I upgrade.

DoctorKrabs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
There are literally no options for phones anymore, it's all phablets for people who sit on the couch gaming, lie in bed watching movies, or take portraits in their professional photography studio.

Want something you can use while walking down the sidewalk holding a grocery bag and cup of coffee or while riding the subway holding on to the rail? Out of luck.
iPhone 12/13 mini was really just a normal sized phone killed by poor marketing decisions to call them "mini". They are roughly the same size as the iPhone 6 4.7 that was considered big when it came out.

I have a 12 mini as a secondary device and I use a large 6.4 inch Android phone daily, yet the 12 mini never feels "too small" whenever I use it.

It's amazing that we have 7 choices of mainstream iPhone models for sale right now and all of them are oversized. I don't consider the SE as one of the mainstream either because of its compromises.

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
Jumping from the 13mini to 15 Pro. I like the mini size, but not the battery. It was good in the beginning but after one year it wasn’t enough After the battery degraded. Was nice for two years.
seems 15 pro battery is same as 14 pro which is not good

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Now that the 13 mini is gone from the Apple Store in the USA, I won't be buying another iPhone until my 13 mini is unrepairable. The 15, 16, 17 are already dead to me.

What do other mini owners say?
Same boat (which is why I upgraded to the mini 13 a couple months ago).

I have a feeling Apple understands there’s people like us who absolutely don’t want a large phone. I think there will be a “small” iPhone akin to the SE for us freaks once every 4-6 years though.

IF that turns out not to be the case, then I’ll move my phone over to something else that’s usable in one hand (without that pop socket nonsense) and keep using my iPad and Mac to administer my family’s iCloud accounts.

I recognize I’m in a minority but I really really can’t stand how large these things are. I also recognize that I’m the odd man out because I’m not on social media (forums are far better for me as I’m not deluged with nonsense), don’t instinctively take photos, and don’t do any music streaming.

🤷‍♂️

Azzurro

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2015
Milan
I managed to buy a 12 mini 256gb in mint condition, green color... and its pastelly color looks close to that of the regular 15 green model. :) Keeping this one as a secondary phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.