Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dguisinger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 25, 2002
I edited a Numbers document via the website today.

Now when i open it via either the iOS app or the Mac version of the app, it shows the old version. If i open it back up from the website, it shows the correct edited version.

I know the sync functionality is widely criticized, I'm hoping someone has a tip that either gets the website to mark the contents as updated or force the apps to grab a newer version.

drcharlie

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2014
I don't have an explanation but have had similar things happen in the past.

My advice is to go to the updated online document and download it to your computer just to be safe. Maybe add the date to the file name as a form of versioning. Maybe, iCloud syncs and all is okay. If not, you have the backup file.

We're it not for the fact that I like to see/edit Numbers and Pages documents on my iPad, I would just keep files locally on a computer. Right now, I am keeping important files in Dropbox and ones that are not so critical in iCloud for convenience.

Too bad Pages and Numbers aren't integrated into the Dropbox app or too bad you can't access Dropbox through Pages or Numbers at this time. Correct me if I am wrong.

I feel like we are in a limbo. I hope fixes the issues soon.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Similar situation here. I'm pretty sure it was working well before, but now when I make changes to a spreadsheet on a second Mac or my iPhone those changes don't sync to my other devices.

silvetti

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2011
Poland
I edited a Numbers document via the website today.

Now when i open it via either the iOS app or the Mac version of the app, it shows the old version. If i open it back up from the website, it shows the correct edited version.

I know the sync functionality is widely criticized, I'm hoping someone has a tip that either gets the website to mark the contents as updated or force the apps to grab a newer version.

Go to icloud.com and then settings, look for something that says Advanced: Data & Security and click on it, then a window with a Reset Documents option will appear.

Do the reset, it won't delete any documents but you can back them up outside of iCloud Drive just to be safe. Should work.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    1.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    19 KB · Views: 69
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.