Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Any idea when the SOHO store is supposed to open? I think I read it was going to be one of the "flagship" stores. It would be cool if they opened in conjunction with MWNY. I need somewhere to go on my lunchbreaks! Pottery Barn keep kicking me off the couches..."Sir, you can't eat in here...everyday."

markeleven

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2002
NJ
The store is on the corner of Prince and Greene streets where the post office is and Restoration Hardware used to to be. Tha is the Info I have. A store employee is a tenant of a friend of mine.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
That's pretty accurate, markeleven.

And just to confirm it this is what you guys are probably referring to.

Luckily, I am surrounded by at least two Apple stores where I live. However, I think that there really needs to be a lot more. I do not think that double-digit's worth of Apple stores will make a whole lot of people happy. Why not get more stores going? We have had linear programming since the mid 1900s, so why not?

I am bringing this up mostly because eventually I will be moving. And where I would be there are no Apple stores for two a two hour's minimum drive, maybe three.

Fear the King.

animemaster

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2002
another store

I don't know how many are familiar with Long Island, NY, or that we have a mall which goes by the name Roosevelt Field, but Apple is opening up a store there, and by the looks of it, it could very well be opened by July. Sooner, but have a grand opening in July, just a thought.

Nice to know I'll have a place (hopefully) this summer to work at :)

-AnimeMaster

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
i've heard many things about the place in nyc... as far as timing.

i hope it's done for mwny, for sure.... maybe even in june. doubtful though. i guess it was delayed being so close to the wtc.

cobra: while i love the apple stores, and agree that apple should have em all over. i'd also like to see them get better equipped.. not necessarily have the top trained people, i mean, retail stores aren't gonna pay as much as a big company for techs, so they won't get the cream of the crop. but they need to be able to test and try things more thoroughly.

if someone has a problem with an apple product. the APPLE store is where they should be able to get it figured out... it's like going to foot locker, seeing their 5 different kinds of nike, deciding to find more, you must go toa nike store. you do that, and they only have 6 kinds..... not that much more impressive.

basically, i think the hardware and showiness of the stores is amazing. the tech part needs work.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Exactly, jelloshotsrule.

I know we discussed this before, but Apple stores must be prepared for absolutely anything consumers ask for, which relate to new Apple products. I have already discussed how my father tried to purchase a power supply for his PBG3 Firewire, and the closest Apple store didn't have what he wanted.

I didn't want to bring this up again, since I thought it would be a little off topic. But I am glad someone did. Now people can discuss multiple topics. :)

Fear the King.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Re: another store

Originally posted by animemaster
I don't know how many are familiar with Long Island, NY, or that we have a mall which goes by the name Roosevelt Field, but Apple is opening up a store there, and by the looks of it, it could very well be opened by July. Sooner, but have a grand opening in July, just a thought.

Nice to know I'll have a place (hopefully) this summer to work at :)

-AnimeMaster

That's good news too. I was at Roosevelt Field not too long ago and I didn't even see any signs of an Apple Store, although I wasn't looking. kewl.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.