Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pclaesen

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a series2 AW with nylon band. However, i occasionaly sweat quite a bit (not working out, just doing daily stuff - pretty annoying). Is the nylon band not gonna absorb the sweat?

Anyone out there with a nylon band who can shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance!

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I use an ultrasonic bath to clean my band and you'd be surprised how much crap comes out lol. Warm soapy water and a good rinse would work too.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a series2 AW with nylon band. However, i occasionaly sweat quite a bit (not working out, just doing daily stuff - pretty annoying). Is the nylon band not gonna absorb the sweat?

Anyone out there with a nylon band who can shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance!

The Nylon band would not be ideal for physical fitness. It absorbs and retains. It's lightweight and durable, but you would have to clean it and allow it to dry.

Pclaesen

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
Thanks for the replies so far. The soap and water won't damage (or corrose) the metal parts of the band?

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
I use an ultrasonic bath to clean my band and you'd be surprised how much crap comes out lol. Warm soapy water and a good rinse would work too.
OK. I gotta ask. Why do you have an ultrasonic bath? Do you work in a lab and have access to one?

Or is this something for home use to clean stuff?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
OK. I gotta ask. Why do you have an ultrasonic bath? Do you work in a lab and have access to one?

I gave up smoking and started vaping over a year ago. The easiest way to clean my rda and rta's is with an ultrasonic bath. There cheap and effective.

So when my Milanese loop was dirty I used it and it worked a treat. It's now my go to cleaning device for my straps.

Reactions: ftaok

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008

They're pretty cheap actually, about $30 on amazon, just search "ultrasonic jewelry cleaner"

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Agreed. You have to allow it to fully dry, otherwise, it can get grungy quickly with moisture when wearing it.

Pclaesen

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
Thaks for the replies everyone. Think I'll go with the greyish or black nylon band :).

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
They're pretty cheap actually, about $30 on amazon, just search "ultrasonic jewelry cleaner"
Hadn't thought of jewelry needing cleaning. I, myself, do not wear a lot of jewelry, but I do remember my sister having a jar of cleaning solution that she would soak her rings, earrings, and necklaces in when I was a kid.

I guess ultrasonic is just a better and more effective way to do that.

My industry uses ultrasonic cleaners to clean pharma equipment and parts, so you can imagine how much they cost. Never really thought they'd bring the technology to the home. Thanks for learning me today.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hadn't thought of jewelry needing cleaning. I, myself, do not wear a lot of jewelry, but I do remember my sister having a jar of cleaning solution that she would soak her rings, earrings, and necklaces in when I was a kid.

I guess ultrasonic is just a better and more effective way to do that.

My industry uses ultrasonic cleaners to clean pharma equipment and parts, so you can imagine how much they cost. Never really thought they'd bring the technology to the home. Thanks for learning me today.

Interesting. I may have to invest in one of these ultrasonic cleaners.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.