Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas
Phone just got added to support profile :) Along with Monday delivery from China :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 105

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I thought the silicone would be grippier than it is; it's very soft and almost feels powdery. It'll be interesting to compare the two. I love the way the leather looks and like that it'll age, so if neither has a particular advantage in grip, I will prefer the leather.

Darn... Was hoping it would feel more rubbery. The La Cantera Apple Store was too busy to see if they had a case out of the packaging somewhere.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Darn... Was hoping it would feel more rubbery. The La Cantera Apple Store was too busy to see if they had a case out of the packaging somewhere.

Yeah, that's what I was hoping as well. I ended up buying it anyway because I thought my phone was going to be arriving before my leather case and wanted something to protect the phone in the meantime; now I'll just compare them both on the phone and decide which one to keep then.

I do think a case with a good grip is important after messing around with the 6+; even with relatively large hands I was juggling it around a bit to reach the different corners of the phone one-handed.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Really happy for all of the Monday and Tuesday deliveries for ya'll. I would be stoked.

Are y'all on the west coast?

Orlando here and UPS has been showing a 9/25 delivery since the beginning for me. Here is to hoping it comes sooner!!

Im In orlando as well.. Showing 9/25 as well.. Im wondering if theirs is saying standard shipping? Im calling Apple right now.. to see if they can change it to expedited

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Im In orlando as well.. Showing 9/25 as well.. Im wondering if theirs is saying standard shipping? Im calling Apple right now.. to see if they can change it to expedited

Now that it's already shipped they will just tell you there's nothing they can do. I wouldn't even bother calling; they likely have huge call queues right now being launch day and everything.

futch

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008

No way they can change it once it ships, but let me know what they say.

jod1921

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2009
I like hearing other people's good news but is anyone in the same boat as me?

I ordered a black iPhone 6 Plus, 64 GB, AT&T at 1:15AM PDT (or 7AM? see below...) using the Apple Store app.

My status is still Processing Items! Argh

Detailed ordering steps:
I started trying at 12:00am PDT using the Apple Store app.
Here and there I would get through but it showed "This product is unavailable"
At 1:15AM I was able to order it with a "Ships in 7-10 days"
BUT I got a "we can't contact AT&T but we have a reserved iPhone for you. blah blah blah" message.
At 7:00AM I got an email from Apple saying I could now order the phone.
When I logged in all iPhone 6 plus models were showing ships in 3-4 weeks but mine was still showing 7-10 days.

Did I really get a reserved spot at 1:15AM or did it push me back to 7AM???

It's just frustrating to see a bunch of orders placed after me getting delivery notices for Monday when mine hasn't moved at all...

I'm in the same boat. I received a reserved spot at 425 am central time that I used it at 7 pm that night. I also placed an order at 430 that went thru and is now scheduled to arrive Monday. I ordered phones for both of my lines. They were both 7-10 day shipping. My reserved phone is still processing. I'm not complaining but the phone coming first is for my 78 year old dad. We both got the original iPhone , 3gs's ,5's and now the 6 plus on launch days. . I'll be excited just to see one.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Now that it's already shipped they will just tell you there's nothing they can do. I wouldn't even bother calling; they likely have huge call queues right now being launch day and everything.

No way they can change it once it ships, but let me know what they say.

Your right.. Just thought it was worth a shot.. I wasn't expecting the phone to ship this soon tbh

ronaldhennessy

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Anyone having trouble changing the day of shipment using My Choice on UPS? Every time I try to set it, it asks me to log in...even though I'm logged in already.

sprungson

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Silicon Valley
I'm in the same boat. I received a reserved spot at 425 am central time that I used it at 7 pm that night. I also placed an order at 430 that went thru and is now scheduled to arrive Monday. I ordered phones for both of my lines. They were both 7-10 day shipping. My reserved phone is still processing. I'm not complaining but the phone coming first is for my 78 year old dad. We both got the original iPhone , 3gs's ,5's and now the 6 plus on launch days. . I'll be excited just to see one.

Addressing you both. I would imagine that by being able to add to the cart @1:15AM on 9/12 means your phone is reserved, but the fact that you didn't complete your final steps until the next day could just simply put you behind everyone else in terms of the "processing" queue. Unless Apple in conjunction with AT&T has some sort of intelligent processing system to kick yours above other folks after you complete "the next day"

And the fact that many people that have AT&T that ordered around the 1AM timeframe has already got tracking might be confirmation that they don't have an intelligent processing system.

Luckychef28

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
So I have a question everyone. Its scheduled for a Monday delivery to my house but I'm concerned I will not be there as I have work. Is it smarter to have them leave it or try to change the address and if I do that is it going to delay my monday day?

Per request of shipper (Apple) the package cannot be delivered to another address. You can either wait for redelivery in Tuesday (3 attempts before it's returned), have it held and pick it up at the distribution center, or have it dropped off at a UPS Store or Access Point (that's the option I'm choosing). If you trust your neighborhood, you may be fine signing the release and having the driver leave it.

futch

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
Has anyone here had a new update to their UPS tracking? I would've thought that there would be an update by now.

MegLuvsMacs

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
West Virginia

Im there with you, even called Apple and didn't help a bit (honestly didn't figure it would) She told me I would almost for certain see it before Oct 1. *shrugs* Kinda let down by them

techedude

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
I work for Ups and this is how most local centers work. All of the Air deliveries for Monday actually get shipped to the building on Saturday. Tomorrow when I go into work all of the Monday Air packages are straight off the plane. We unload the Semi and sort all the Saturdays from the Mondays. If any iPhones come off that trailer for Monday we are upgrading and delivering tomorrow.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I work for Ups and this is how most local centers work. All of the Air deliveries for Monday actually get shipped to the building on Saturday. Tomorrow when I go into work all of the Monday Air packages are straight off the plane. We unload the Semi and sort all the Saturdays from the Mondays. If any iPhones come off that trailer for Monday we are upgrading and delivering tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity; any insight into why some of our phones are being shipped on this Saver plan while others are on the Expedited plan? It seems so random.

sprungson

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Silicon Valley

Hmmmm. Sounds easier said than done. :) thanks for the positive note.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.