Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrScott

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
A lot to "cover"

My bet is that the "cover" in the invite is going to refer to some sort of special iPad cover, like the Surface-type ones alluded to recently.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
The only thing I want is a new iPod Classic. For the true audiophile. 1TB SSD, RAW audio support, backlit click wheel and maybe an inbuilt speaker. I would buy that straight away.

But I know I'm just dreaming here.

JamesWillson69

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2013
You're telling me! The last few years I've woken up at 3, watched the stream until morning and I'd go to school until 5pm (I'd mostly be a zombie around school. Slept through history a few months ago!) Earlier this year I did a whole 24hrs, but having now graduated means I get a sleep in :D

...I'm not crazy... *shifty eyes*

I think we are exactly the same people.... Haha

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Just for the avoidance of doubt, I can confirm that there is indeed a live stream of the event happening today for those who want to view real-time.

NowConverted

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2013
London
So the mini will go up in price in the USA and down in price in the UK?! The current one is £269 lol.
You're right, I was trying to write the prices in both dollars and pounds but I clearly get confused:

The idea was:
iPad mini (current): From £229
iPad mini (new): From £299
iPad (new): same price as the current one

I guess the "Waiting for Haswell MBP Mega Thread" is killing my brain :eek:

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
You're right, I was trying to write the prices in both dollars and pounds but I clearly get confused:

The idea was:
iPad mini (current): From £229
iPad mini (new): From £299
iPad (new): same price as the current one

I guess the "Waiting for Haswell MBP Mega Thread" is killing my brain :eek:

That would be interesting. I'm really curious to see what they do because with the HDX and Nexus 7 being £199 each it will be really interesting to see if they choose to increase the price of their smaller tablet.

robogobo

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Sitting down facing front.
Can a mod please go in and clean this thread up? I think this is a record for breaking the rules.

----------

What's that? You want to know the rules? OK!

I'm pasting in the "rules" from the past spoiler-free threads (yes, this isn't 'Nam, there are rules). If you can't follow them, please go elsewhere. The point of this thread is to be informed of the live stream as soon as possible without risking spoilers from around the Internet. Got it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogobo
1) no spoilers, of course. That means no hints, jokes, what is, what isn't or anything related to the discussions going on around the Internet once the keynote starts, or once the official thread is up.

2) no speculation. This has been a problem in the past, and certain people think it's ok to mindlessly speculate. It isn't. Just don't.

3) the spoiler-free thread is a place for Apple fans to distract themselves, to take attention away from the live blogs and rumors before, during and after the keynote until the official stream is available online. That's the point. Talk about books, movies, music, your dog, whatever. But nothing Apple or Apple related. Nothing.

With all due respect, the rules have been crowd sourced over the past seven years, and... accurately reflect the spirit of all spoiler free threads since 2006. Specifically, No Speculation! Look at the WWDC 2012 thread for a great example of what the poster called "mindless speculation" that caused everyone to jump on him. The rules are simple, nothing Apple - because at first glance speculation looks like a rumor or spoiler, and it causes us to flinch. So just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuvorty
Welcome to another edition of the spoiler-free experience...! This post will contain the official live keynote stream (when one is available). Please don't post any rumors/speculation. Until then, feel free to pass the time here.

Keynote Checker (Courtesy of Voidness): http://insightview.com/keynotechecker/

Rules
- Do not mention any current rumors/new rumors
- Do not mention Apple's stock price
- Do assume everyone in this thread has heard nothing about (the) Event
- Use common sense when posting
- Do not say what was not in the Keynote (ex. "They didn't update the AppleTVs!!")
- Be Patient!

Purpose of This Thread
The purpose is that people can bookmark this thread, and check in periodically to see if a link to the Keynote is posted (instead of being spoiled by seeing pictures on the MacRumors' homepage ). It's like we've all seen trailers for a movie (like the part leaks), but we want to watch the movie (the Keynote) without knowing the ending.

Also if someone does post spoilers please report them via the button located on the left of each post. Please do not quote the offending post.
Following these rules will make a better experience for everyone. Thanks!

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
OK OK...

iPad: same price
iPad mini: from $349/£215
Cheaper iPad: current iPad mini from $329 or even $299
MacBook Pro: same starting prices but slightly cheaper SSD and RAM upgrades

good job. :)

Agree with iPad.
Old full-size iPad, same as current 4th gen for $399,
Possible with Retina iPad Mini $349
Old iPad mini will drop price, but $229 (good), but I think Apple will do $249 (too much).
MBP, same

robogobo

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Sitting down facing front.
You visit a rumor website, but you still want to be surprised? Some people are strange...

Irony is lost on the internet.

The point is to have a spoiler-free place to be notified that the livestream is up, and after eight years it's grown to a place to hang out and chat about anything other than Apple, to pass the time while waiting for the live stream.

There are a billion other places you can go if you don't like this idea.

zOlid

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2013
Can a mod please go in and clean this thread up? I think this is a record for breaking the rules.

----------

I'm pasting in the "rules" from the past spoiler-free threads (yes, this isn't 'Nam, there are rules). If you can't follow them, please go elsewhere. The point of this thread is to be informed of the live stream as soon as possible without risking spoilers from around the Internet. Got it?

No the point of this thread is to be informed about when the video from entire event goes up on the Apple home page.
The live stream really don't need any "no spoiler" thread.
Since its, you know.... live and all.....

Otterblue

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
Canada
Is this the live stream link?
http://www.apple.com/apple-events/october-2013/

I'm new, please be nice :)

Yup, it is.

if i'm on windows, i also need safari+quicktime?!?

Sorry. Streaming is only available on Macs and iOS devices. Read the fine print:

Live Streaming video requires Safari 4 or later on OS X v10.6 or later; Safari on iOS 4.2 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogobo
1) no spoilers, of course. That means no hints, jokes, what is, what isn't or anything related to the discussions going on around the Internet once the keynote starts, or once the official thread is up.

2) no speculation. This has been a problem in the past, and certain people think it's ok to mindlessly speculate. It isn't. Just don't.

3) the spoiler-free thread is a place for Apple fans to distract themselves, to take attention away from the live blogs and rumors before, during and after the keynote until the official stream is available online. That's the point. Talk about books, movies, music, your dog, whatever. But nothing Apple or Apple related. Nothing.

With all due respect, the rules have been crowd sourced over the past seven years, and... accurately reflect the spirit of all spoiler free threads since 2006. Specifically, No Speculation! Look at the WWDC 2012 thread for a great example of what the poster called "mindless speculation" that caused everyone to jump on him. The rules are simple, nothing Apple - because at first glance speculation looks like a rumor or spoiler, and it causes us to flinch. So just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuvorty
Welcome to another edition of the spoiler-free experience...! This post will contain the official live keynote stream (when one is available). Please don't post any rumors/speculation. Until then, feel free to pass the time here.

Keynote Checker (Courtesy of Voidness): http://insightview.com/keynotechecker/

Rules
- Do not mention any current rumors/new rumors
- Do not mention Apple's stock price
- Do assume everyone in this thread has heard nothing about (the) Event
- Use common sense when posting
- Do not say what was not in the Keynote (ex. "They didn't update the AppleTVs!!")
- Be Patient!

Purpose of This Thread
The purpose is that people can bookmark this thread, and check in periodically to see if a link to the Keynote is posted (instead of being spoiled by seeing pictures on the MacRumors' homepage ). It's like we've all seen trailers for a movie (like the part leaks), but we want to watch the movie (the Keynote) without knowing the ending.

Also if someone does post spoilers please report them via the button located on the left of each post. Please do not quote the offending post.
Following these rules will make a better experience for everyone. Thanks!

Can't you just not read the comments?

myimagination

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2013
does anybody know now much data it will take to stream the whole event? i'm on a 3G connection at the moment as the other network is down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.