Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
Someone pointed out to me if you typed out 9/11 in that font you also get an airplane crashing into two skyscrapers, too.

It was NYC that you typed in, and it came up with a skull (I think) and airplane and 2 buildings. I just tried it a second ago and it showed and eye, a heart and a series of buildings.

When I was in high school, a guy I knew went to the Vatican and said the swastika was there, too. He said that the two lines in the middle represent the sun and the moon, and the four lines coming off those, represent the 4 seasons.

Anyone able to confirm this?

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
It was 911 and my roommate typed it on his Dell it came out as a plane and then two buildings. I can't remember if it was Word or Works, but it was some word processor that came with his computer.

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
this proves once again what the nazis over at microsoft are up to... :D

palladium with swastikas all over the screen and Steve Ballmer shrieking: "...and they shall never be free again!!!"

vSpacken

bobindashadows

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2002
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
Someone pointed out to me if you typed out 9/11 in that font you also get an airplane crashing into two skyscrapers, too.

That's nothing. If you used wingdings and typed out one of the flight numbers (letters and numbers) it came out to something along the lines of a skull and crossbones, a star of david, a skyscraper, and a plane. I think.

For some reason, i can't get it to work, though. Webdings, Zapf Dingbats, and Wingdings all do other stuff in office. I can't get them to do anything at all in TextEdit.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I'm glad the Nazis didn't use a circle as their symbol. We'd have to ban all circles, degree marks, angstroms, zeroes, and letter ohs in all of our fonts.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
It just struck me

What if i want to use the Swastika?

Shouldn't i be able to have a font that has them pre-made for me rather then i having to use other tools to create the symbol?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
It's actually a pretty simple symbol to draw. I can see why the danger of offending a large number of customers outweighs the convenience of having the symbol there for those rare occasions when somebody might want it. You can always get a small image file and put it inline with text.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Originally posted by Doctor Q
It's actually a pretty simple symbol to draw. I can see why the danger of offending a large number of customers outweighs the convenience of having the symbol there for those rare occasions when somebody might want it. You can always get a small image file and put it inline with text.

I don't really understand how it offends anyone ... thats my point ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.