Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shieldyoureyes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
After 2 months of loving my 12" powerbook, it has started to warp. I just noticed this a couple weeks ago, but it seems to be getting worse...

There are also several place where the bottom case sticks out further than the dark grey plastic edge thing. And on top of that, my battery won't fit flush and my powerbook wobbles.

I know the warping and wobbles are pretty common issues, but what about the case sticking past the plastic? When I looked at my local apple retailer, none of their powerbooks were like that.

88381134_8635f2cc1b_m.jpg
88382059_acd5eb4cb7.jpg

88382941_4e86fdd058_m.jpg

Larger pics on my flickr

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
Unfortunately this is not uncommon with recent PowerBooks. My 15" lid has also warped slightly to the point that if you close the lid and push on a corner, the lid will rock side to side slightly. Also the gap between the lid and body is uneven. It is certainly minor, but needless to say I'm not overjoyed.

If it gets to the point where you would consider it serious (ie. lid doesn't close so it doesn't stay asleep in a bag, etc.) then I would bring it to a genius just to see what they say.

No real word yet on how hot the new macbooks run, but hopefully heat related issues will not be as problematic with the intel models.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
I had the battery not fitting flush on my iBook for two and a half years hen the battery died I replaced it with a new white one, rather than translucent, and the problem was cured....now 6months later the logic board is screwed.:(

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Sorry to hear it dude, too bad apple wont fix it since its really minor. . . but wait and see how it develops. . . maybe you have a heating problem or just lean on the computer too much. The flush battery thing is very common especially with ibooks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.