Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobjonesco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2017
Perth
So I just replaced my MBP M1 Pro 16" for a 15" M3 Air, and the most unexpected annoyance is that the screen doesn't tilt back as far as the MBP. We're talking maybe a slight 5° difference, but when I put it on my Rooster laptop stand - the screen is slightly tilted towards me.

Tim, if you're reading this - you'll be hearing from my chiropracor.

IMG_0051.jpeg

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
That is the one thing I'm not particularly thrilled about with my own MacBook Pro even... my wife has a Windows laptop for work, and I 3D printed a stand to hold it such that the display is up at the height of her external monitor (she uses external keyboard & mouse). Her display will open to nearly 180-deg flat, and she's at probably 175-deg on the stand. Doesn't take up much desk space on her roll-top desk (not a lot of flexibility there) so it works ideally for her.

It worked SO well, I tried it on my own Mac - and the display is tilted forward at about 25-deg (-‸ლ)

So I had to make a different one for my own Mac, that uses more desk real estate to get the same effect. It's not a "Big" deal - but why can't it just open up more? 👀

Reactions: bobjonesco

macman4789

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2007
So I just replaced my MBP M1 Pro 16" for a 15" M3 Air, and the most unexpected annoyance is that the screen doesn't tilt back as far as the MBP. We're talking maybe a slight 5° difference, but when I put it on my Rooster laptop stand - the screen is slightly tilted towards me.

Tim, if you're reading this - you'll be hearing from my chiropracor.

View attachment 2369706
😂

Interesting swap! Just curious what made you swap mini led, pro-motion, slightly bigger screen, better speakers, better gpu etc for the MBA?

Reactions: bobjonesco
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.