Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeadlyBreakfast

macrumors regular
Original poster
Ok...I know this may sound kinda dumb but for the life of me I cant seem to understand stickies. I write a sticky. I close it and it asks me to save it. I do. Now when I want to retreive the sticky I have to use the import?? That seems kind of counterproductive. I would have thought that when you start the stickies app it brings the stickies up on your screen arranged the way they were when you saved them . I have have to save and load stickies I may as well just make a text file in BBEdit or something. Am I missing a critical part of stickes functionality...

** puts on flame retardant suit **

pyrotoaster

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2002
Oak Park, IL
Don't close the individual stickies. Leave the notes open. You can quit without "saving" them because they'll reappear on their own when you start Stickies again.

If a note's in the way, just double-click the top of the note, it'll collapse into a bar (like Window Shading).

The notes should just sit around like post-its. Don't bother closing them unless you want to delete one.

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
Don't close the sticky itself.

Close the Stickies app.

Next time you launch, they should appear where you left them.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
There's one advantage to CRTs over LCDs that many people don't realize: Because the case is larger than the display, you have a nice border on all sides where you can put real actual sticky notes! Unlike the software version, they don't block other windows and you can move them off your computer without doing a file transfer. Of course, you can't cut and paste the text as easily, so to each his/her own.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by Doctor Q
There's one advantage to CRTs over LCDs that many people don't realize: Because the case is larger than the display, you have a nice border on all sides where you can put real actual sticky notes! Unlike the software version, they don't block other windows and you can move them off your computer without doing a file transfer. Of course, you can't cut and paste the text as easily, so to each his/her own.
Actually the Apple LCD displays offer a lot of border on them. as much as amd sometimes more than CRTs. What you don't get (on LCDs) is sides (where you wouldn't really see them) to hang them on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.