Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

No ice please

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2009
Hi guys haven't been on team iPhone since 2011, so I'm trying to play a catch up.

I recently was given an iPhone 5, and its got high mileage on it's battery. Now I've restored it to factory, and threw on the 8.1.2 jailbreak, and the battery is pretty sub-par, and barely lasting half a day. Now I'm wondering if putting in a new battery will give it more longer life or is this just how long it lasts?

Where is the best place to buy a new battery? iFixit, Newegg, or??? I'm more than comfortable working on my phone too.

Attachments

• IMG_0018.PNG
    IMG_0018.PNG
    95.6 KB · Views: 55

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Looking at those stats, if you put in a new battery, you'd get close to double the battery life you're getting now. I'd say that a new battery would be worth it.

But before you buy a new one, check to see if your phone is under the recall program. Just plug the SN into this page.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/

Takes about 10 minutes at an apple store.

Otherwise, it's $80 at an apple store. Or you can do it yourself for the cost of the battery and tools.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.