Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mocman

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I just purchased a new PowerMac G5 and still need my windows machine also. I have both hooked up now via dvi to G5 and vga to windows. I now have sold my 18"nec and am now in the market for a good lcd again.
I have seen the older 17"apple models in my price range ($650.00). I need to know if someone sells a adapter of some sort to use it. If not I am open to an Advise...............Thanks in Advance

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
mocman said:
I just purchased a new PowerMac G5 and still need my windows machine also. I have both hooked up now via dvi to G5 and vga to windows. I now have sold my 18"nec and am now in the market for a good lcd again.
I have seen the older 17"apple models in my price range ($650.00). I need to know if someone sells a adapter of some sort to use it. If not I am open to an Advise...............Thanks in Advance

What kind of older 17"?
If its a LCD Studio display it could both be ADC or DVI, the ADC version would require a ADC to DVI adapter (dr. bott and griffin make some i think), but these are expensive (about $100 i think).

Anyway for $650 you could get a decent dvi/vga 17" LCD from Samsung, LG or Eizo. So why go for an old Apple LCD which in most cases require an expensive adapter?

mocman

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2004
Just like the look of the older apple 17". Anyway I am thinking of a 18" Samsung........Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.