Older 17" Apple display on PC??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mocman, Sep 18, 2004.

1. mocman macrumors regular

I just purchased a new PowerMac G5 and still need my windows machine also. I have both hooked up now via dvi to G5 and vga to windows. I now have sold my 18"nec and am now in the market for a good lcd again.
    I have seen the older 17"apple models in my price range ($650.00). I need to know if someone sells a adapter of some sort to use it. If not I am open to an Advise...............Thanks in Advance

2. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

What kind of older 17"?
    If its a LCD Studio display it could both be ADC or DVI, the ADC version would require a ADC to DVI adapter (dr. bott and griffin make some i think), but these are expensive (about $100 i think).

Anyway for $650 you could get a decent dvi/vga 17" LCD from Samsung, LG or Eizo. So why go for an old Apple LCD which in most cases require an expensive adapter?

3. mocman thread starter macrumors regular

Just like the look of the older apple 17". Anyway I am thinking of a 18" Samsung........Thanks

4. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Yup you will need a DVI to ADC connector cable and they are still $100, you can buy them here. You might be able to find some on eBay for cheaper however.