Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
ShovelHead84 said:
Man, I don't even know where to begin.

People taking the law into their own hands = anarchy. Advocating that, are you?

Infants know beauty, and they aren't tainted by ad agencies. Get real.

Your posts seem a bit anti-gay to me. I hope I'm misreading them.

Miss America pageants aren't filled with women so sick that EMT's would rush them to a hospital. You seem to equate thin to sick. Anorexic to sick, yes, I can see that. Thin? Show me the studies. Most I've seen show the opposite.

And Howard Stern being president if it weren't for PR firms? Um, yeah... Stern is such the oppressed person with no PR on his side.

I'm neither thin nor beautiful, but I see no reason to say that those who are are only considered attractive because we've been told to do so.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
mkrishnan said:
JSW is beautiful to us in his own way, though. *loves the Mac fams* :)
Thanks. :) I am drop dead sexy (rubs belly, leers), but not beautiful. I used to be, but I ate too many of those snacks Madison Avenue forced down my throat.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
jsw said:
Thanks. :) I am drop dead sexy (rubs belly, leers), but not beautiful. I used to be, but I ate too many of those snacks Madison Avenue forced down my throat.

Yeah, the best strategy is to starve yourself and spend the money on more Macs. :eek: :D

(yeah, yeah, I've done enough starving myself. I'm not advocating the development of eating disorders...you don't want to do this to yourself, as I well know....)

princealfie

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2006
Salt Lake City UT
Yeah, the whole industry is all f-ed up to be honest. Seriously in great needs of a makeover!

Word seriously peace out. That gay conspiracy in fashion got me wondering now...

That's why I like hiphop fashion. I like my girls phat!

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
she's fine, she clearly not fat, but i would say her weight is nothing to hurt her(or anyone trying to look like her)

And she NOT 14:rolleyes:

Reading to much into something?

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
I might have the complete wrong end of the stick but are we talking about this girl?

picture10ab.jpg

Cos if we are... youre nuts

ShovelHead84

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2006
orlando
jsw:
"And Howard Stern being president if it weren't for PR firms? Um, yeah..."

Howard Dean! Howard Dean!… Hmm… maybe his first name isnt Howard… anyway the guy in the Demo primaries that was shown over and over yelling to pump up the crowd for another win that was not to be because Madison Avenue the media got on his back and stayed there… (incidentally my point is further illustrated: very much after the fact it was revealed that the clips that were played over and over that made him sound out of control that was very well received by his supporters in the auditorium where he appeared was the result of some creative (electronic) editing that focused in on a single microphone that was enhanced and didnt accurately portray what the audience there heard nor the true tenor of his joyous outburst…)

jsw:
"Your posts seem a bit anti-gay to me. I hope I'm misreading them."

obviously you risk that accusation if you find fault with the gay agenda… and make no mistake about it like it or not there is an agenda to portray fashion with a particular body type and that means that chicks that look like real women need not apply… can we agree that things would be very different the models would look very different if designers of the ilk of that fat Australian lady (Emme?) were staffing the runways?… (and before you grab the keyboard 'fat' is not a perjorative in my lexicon… (smiles))

i have written a few commercials have been in one even when i was a young person in Japan have been around where they were made in the production and post-production phase of the process and have for as long as i remember enjoyed the company of many gays in my professional and private life and i doubt anyone of them that know me would say i am anti…

and frankly importantly i wouldnt have the fashion industry devoid of gays… their talent cannot be understated (maybe i mean overstated)…

i refuse to ignore their presence their influence and the harm they have done to the picture that we have of beauty and most of all i call your attention to the soft scientists that have the solutions without having the guts to focus on the problem… again it is no secret among the gay community involved in the fashion industry: the runway models are chosen because the gay designers choose types that they find attractive that will look great in their designs and when the call is made they insist on girls that look like 14 yo boys (their words not mine)…

BakedBeans:

yeah that is the one…

nobody is saying implying she is not attractive but when i was young the teachers would have sent a note home to her parents asking if she is eating enough (in the vernacular of that time: "Does Jenny have a tapeworm?")

anyway this post is beginning to feel tedious maybe…

there were some great insights expressed though… thanks…

(i wish i knew how to use those cutes little faces thingys so my smiles and tongue in cheek were evident)…

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
wordmunger said:
I don't think she looks like a 14-year-old boy. This is what a 14-year-old boy looks like. (actuallly they only rarely look this good. Most of the time they're wearing baggy pants and ripped up t-shirts)
Or this.
attachment.php

OK, Ok, I could've done better with the hair.

Damn curls. :eek:

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
Jail bait eye candy, this is why I hate Old Navy. That chick (that everyone ducks behind at the end) turned me on. Innocent Britney Spears all over again. :rolleyes: Old Navy is to today, what the houses in the 1940s/50s were then.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Skinny or not I will say the Old Navy commercials have gotten better..They used to be so..so...umm...campy?..At Least the new commercial has some decent music..

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
Peace said:
Skinny or not I will say the Old Navy commercials have gotten better..They used to be so..so...umm...campy?..At Least the new commercial has some decent music..
:eek: lol, you are joking... right? :confused:

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
ShovelHead84 said:
my point exactly! gay guys are telling us what is beautiful…

No one tells me who is beautiful and who isn't.
Perhaps you're convinced that you're influenced in this way..

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Abstract said:
If that's a 14 year old boy, then call me a homosexual pedophile, cuz I'd **** that 5 times til sunrise.
Yeah, is the OP talking about her? She looks more like she's 18-20. And she is fairly attractive in my opinion. :eek:

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
ShovelHead84 said:
obviously you risk that accusation if you find fault with the gay agenda… and make no mistake about it like it or not there is an agenda to portray fashion with a particular body type and that means that chicks that look like real women need not apply…

For the longest time I thought the gay agenda was recruiting more people into their "cult", changing the definition of marriage and fooling the rest of the population into beleiving that they're normal.

Now you've enlightened me. The real gay agenda is fashion.

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
vniow said:
Now you've enlightened me. The real gay agenda is fashion.

Well ****. I guess I'm not really gay then since my fashion sense is, well, decidedly hetero. Guess I'll call up the BF this afternoon and tell him the whole thing's off...

artur

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2006
name of that model?

does anybody know the name of the model in the madras ad?
thanks.
art

C

CompUser

No one should be shopping there anyways. :)

I hate their commercials, their physical stores, their clothes, and the name itself.

I also hate their marketing tactic, say that everything is on sale, but its not, it always costs $19 or w/e, not $34.

bumpy

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2006
The thing I don't get is why women want to look like fashion models. Fashion models are meant to be a bit plain so as not to draw too much attention away from the clothes, they also aren't meant to have curves, as that "spoils" the way the clothes hang. Nude models are the oposite, the moral of this, and one that more people should listen to, is: Nobody wants to see a fashion model naked.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
bumpy said:
...the moral of this, and one that more people should listen to, is: Nobody wants to see a fashion model naked.

tell that to the paparazzi who try to get nude photos on beaches of various models.

in general i hear what shovel man is saying about society ("madison avenue") defining beauty in an all too often unhealthy way. but can't say i'm down with the over emphasis on the gay community's role in that...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.