Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desertman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Arizona, USA
Hello,

I just updated a friends MacBook from OS X 10.6 to OS X 10.8.3. Everything is fine - except for Notes not syncing between Mac and iPhone 5 (with iOS 6.1.2).

I have the Mac still in my house and was yesterday for at least an hour with my friend on the phone, checking the various syncing. Everything works (i. e. Calendar and Contacts), but not Notes. We both created new notes on Mac and iPhone and they did not sync. When logging into the iCloud account on the web I see only the notes that I created on the Mac but not the ones from the iPhone. Clearly, the iPhone is not syncing to iCloud.

A search on the web shows that innumerous people seem to have this problem after updating from OS X 10.6 (= pre-iCloud). However, I do not really understand what to make out of the many suggestions to solve this problem.

Obviously both the Mac and the iPhone use the same iCloud credentials - otherwise there would be no syncing of Calendar and Contacts. Why the heck is Notes making such problems?

I wonder whether it would help to delete the complete iCloud account on the iPhone, then switch the iPhone off and on again, then recreate the iCloud account with the old credentials. However, I'm not totally sure whether I would delete any data by this.

Would be great if someone here could give me tips how to get this to work.

Greetings - desertman

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
Problems I initially had using iCloud syncing were fixed by logging out of the AppleID on the Mac, and then logging back in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.