Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
True, the case would offer resistance no matter the direction that would be bent. But which direction would offer less/more support is key in knowing what would be the best way to handle the device.

As aforementioned, we are no longer looking to see what is the minimal lbs of force needed to bend the device, we are looking to see what is the minimal lbs of force needed to do any damage related to the weaker structural integrity to the device altogether. That would include the screen separating, the glass cracking/shattering etc.

Then it no longer becomes a story of how the weak structure would allow the phone to bend, but how the weak structure would allow the phone to take any damage. That's why its necessary to perform the bend test on both sides of the device!

From what I have seen other phones will bend when the same weight is applied so this si allo a bunch of cr^p!

People who sit on their phones are not expected to remember which direction the screen is when they sit on it!

truth1ness

macrumors regular
May 8, 2011
I already made a post about this. You can do an informal survey simply by google image searching "bent iphone". There are dozens if not hundreds of bent phones ALL on the metal side. The glass is much more resistant to bending. My concluding recommendation was to always keep the glass facing inwards in your pocket.

rkuo

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2010
I already made a post about this. You can do an informal survey simply by google image searching "bent iphone". There are dozens if not hundreds of bent phones ALL on the metal side. The glass is much more resistant to bending. My concluding recommendation was to always keep the glass facing inwards in your pocket.

The glass bends quite easily. What it does better than the metal frame is snap back into shape. Aka not suffer permanent deformation.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
From what I have seen other phones will bend when the same weight is applied so this si allo a bunch of cr^p!

People who sit on their phones are not expected to remember which direction the screen is when they sit on it!

Please post links if you have seen people bending the iphone from screen facing inward. Also, as other people are stating in this thread, its good to know what direction to put your phone in your pocket if one side is more resistant to damage than the other.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Please post links if you have seen people bending the iphone from screen facing inward. Also, as other people are stating in this thread, its good to know what direction to put your phone in your pocket if one side is more resistant to damage than the other.

I am done with this.

If I see people bending their phones I will be sure to let you know.

The mods need to close this!:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.