Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
Does the OPO have wireless charging capabilities?

no, it hasnt.

----------

That would mean Oppo would have to have 5 inch devices that suffer with a yellow display.

it was corrected by a new update. Some got a phone (a bad batch) which was missing a tape(?) and they saw a orange colour reflecting from harware.

----------

'One More Clock Free'

thanks, bought it =)

ynyzuju8.jpg

Last edited:

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
it was corrected by a new update. Some got a phone (a bad batch) which was missing a tape(?) and they saw a orange colour reflecting from harware.

What was corrected by an update? The yellow band or yellow screen? Every persons device has a different stain of yellow so nothing they push out is going to solve their problems. And when it comes to the band, is it possible to only change colors on a section of the screen?

Yellow band = hardware

Yellow screen = software

----

Oppo admitted their yellow screen was a hardware issue & accepted returns. Few people say that their Oppo suffers from a yellow discoloration now, but tons say their OnePlus One has it. Coincidence?

OnePlus refuses to accept that the yellow band is a hardware issue, and when mentioning of "yellow" it's assumed by them that you're talking about the entire display being yellow. Which they say it's because the actual display (they wanted it "warm"), or because the lighting was so close to the screen (They often flip-flop between these two things).

----

Look for an official press release photo from OnePlus that shows the screen without on-screen keys. You won't find it.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
What was corrected by an update? The yellow band or yellow screen? Every persons device has a different stain of yellow so nothing they push out is going to solve their problems. And when it comes to the band, is it possible to only change colors on a section of the screen?

Yellow band = hardware

Yellow screen = software

----

Oppo admitted their yellow screen was a hardware issue & accepted returns. Few people say that their Oppo suffers from a yellow discoloration now, but tons say their OnePlus One has it. Coincidence?

OnePlus refuses to accept that the yellow band is a hardware issue, and when mentioning of "yellow" it's assumed by them that you're talking about the entire display being yellow. Which they say it's because the actual display (they wanted it "warm"), or because the lighting was so close to the screen (They often flip-flop between these two things).

----

Look for an official press release photo from OnePlus that shows the screen without on-screen keys. You won't find it.

yes like i said. one was software issue hich was corrected, the other was a bad batch. i had some yellow lower part (1cm from the bottom) of the screen but i think it has faded away during couple o f days... might be glue or so... it doesnt bother me and i dont see it anymore if i dont put a white background and certain level of brightness and looking for it.

im very happy i bought this. this is amazing!

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe

what do you mean? you can make your own choice to use or not onscreen keys (if you mean those home, back... buttons). im using the keys on the "body". Just changed my homescreen again :D i think my productivity time goes just by playing with my new best friend...

ugase2ym.jpg

Last edited:

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Getting mine Monday,can't wait!

Anyone get any of the cool replacement back covers yet?

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
Congrats, I got the Diztronic TPU case it's really nice except the red gets stained a little around the edge. I'm back on my iPhone 5, just for the announcements on Tuesday. OPO is a really nice phone, it's just too big for me. Will probably try to sell it and get the iPhone 6.

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
what do you mean? you can make your own choice to use or not onscreen keys (if you mean those home, back... buttons). im using the keys on the "body". Just changed my homescreen again :D i think my productivity time goes just by playing with my new best friend...

Meaning, OnePlus took every picture of the device using on screen keys. Use your imagination as to why.

Yellow band.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Meaning, OnePlus took every picture of the device using on screen keys. Use your imagination as to why.

Yellow band.
Thats is a pretty good conspiracy theory....too bad you have to wear a tinfoil hat to really believe it.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Anyone using a specific screen protector that they have had good results with?

I saw OPO sells their own but wasnt sure if the masses are using a suggested one.

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area

I saw OPO sells their own but wasnt sure if the masses are using a suggested one.

Just buy a tempered glass one. There are plenty on ebay for $6 a piece.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe

i bought ultimashield temp. glass protector. feels great.

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Congrats, I got the Diztronic TPU case it's really nice except the red gets stained a little around the edge. I'm back on my iPhone 5, just for the announcements on Tuesday. OPO is a really nice phone, it's just too big for me. Will probably try to sell it and get the iPhone 6.

I'm looking into the red Diztronic case but I was taken back with your comment; what kind of stains are you experiencing? Is it the manufacturers defect or basic wear and tear?

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
I'm looking into the red Diztronic case but I was taken back with your comment; what kind of stains are you experiencing? Is it the manufacturers defect or basic wear and tear?
It's not really wear and tear, I believe it's just stained from the inside my pant pockets.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Just unboxed this and shocked how light this phone is and the 5.5 size factor does not seem as big as I thought it would.

I am coming from a mix of the Lumia 1520 and Lumia 635 though so maybe that is a piece of it.

LOVE the sandstone back feel on this phone. Will mess around with it more but just the 10,15 minutes of feeling it up was a great experience.;)

----------

I have the same one! I can vouch for it. Great buy.

Can you guys link me?

I searched by that name and unless a typo, no luck.

Thanks

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Just unboxed this and shocked how light this phone is and the 5.5 size factor does not seem as big as I thought it would.

I am coming from a mix of the Lumia 1520 and Lumia 635 though so maybe that is a piece of it.

LOVE the sandstone back feel on this phone. Will mess around with it more but just the 10,15 minutes of feeling it up was a great experience.;)

Awesome! You are going to love the OnePlus its a great phone.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
I'm actually considering the Oppo 7a if the OnePlus One won't be available in my country once they rid of the invite system. The OnePlus One is being sold for $400-$450 online locally with no warranty. If Oppo can drop the price of the Find 7a to $100 less, I would take it. It is readily available.

I don't need 2k screen, so the Find 7 is not on my wishlist. The 7a has a few things going for it over the One. Removable battery (albeit 2800 mAh) and microsd slot up to 128 GB with 16 GB already on-board. It might also have a nicer camera as well as Color OS which is just as customizable as CM. Gesture wakeups are all there. Actually I heard from a vendor that the founders of OnePlus were the ones who helped created Color OS. It does only have 2 GB of RAM and of course higher price. But seeing it the other day is making me consider OnePlus One's 1080p cousin. I like it with the white rear. But for $500, maybe not now. Definitely a great alternative to the HTC One (M8), Oppo Find 7, and LG G3. So many good choices these days.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
I thought everyone knew OnePlus was started by former Oppo employees and has Oppo as the majority investor?

I hope you also know the Chinese OnePlus One has ColorOS as standard. What you've seen on the Find 7 and 7a is the same as is on the Chinese OPO, gestures and all. And ColorOS can easily be flashed on the international OPO.

I sat in an Oppo store with the 7, 7a and my OPO and couldn't justify the extra cost for the 7a and definitely not the 7. They are very similar aside from the 7 and the higher resolution screen. Removable battery and SD card slot becone less important when you can get 64gb and a good battery life.

Having had a Find 5, I did my research and the Find 7 battery seems to struggle to get 3-4 hours SOT.

Not suggesting you don't get the phone you prefer but ColorOS is not only on the F7 and F7a.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I just hit a snag as I have researched and it looks as though the phone cannot be encrypted right now and they are in the process of releasing an update.

This would really suck as I need to encrypt my device for my job and would need the email to actually utilize the device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.