Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stefania

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
I have tried to submit online claim to get the rebate for the Back to School Promotion on iPod. My order date is Sep 15, the shipping date is a few days later. I could not submit the online claim because the system says my purchase has been done outside of the promotion period (ending Sep 16). Did anyone have the same problem?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Was this an order from the Apple Store? What model of iPod was it?

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Nashville, TN
Friend of mine is having the same problem. She bought an iPod and a MacBook on Sept. 14th. The iPod shipped the next day but the MacBook didn't ship until the 22nd. We tried to fill out the rebate but it says she purchased it too late and cannot recieve the rebate. Gonna call Apple tomorrow and see what can be done.

yrral

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2006
Ipod rebates- major in mac

I purchased an ipod 30 gig with a mac book and printer on Sept. 15, downloaded all forms, jumped through all the hoops and just received a letter saying my claim was denied because one or more products were not a qualifying model. Well after waiting on phone for 90 minutes i was finally informed that apple had changed the models on their ipods on September 12.
There was nothing on apple's website regarding this. In fact I was directed to the iod site from the school site. I even had the ipod in my cart for several weeks as we agonized what to engrave on it!
Any ipods sold after that time DO NOT QUALIFY. My customer non service person informed me that I should have read the fine print on the back of the rebate form wich I did not download until after I received the equipment. She said that I could have returned the ipod (although apple specifically prohibits returns of personalized ipods for any reason) within 14 days. Any body else received this letter?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.