Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Laplace

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Hi all, I have a Apple Airport Express and I am trying to use Azureus as a bittorrent client, but I am having a problem finding a port to use. It says to use port 6881 UDP, but I'm not exactly sure what that means.

So how do I open up a port to allow Azureus to do its job?

Thanks,
Laplace

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
1. open system prefs

2. click on sharing

3. click on the firewall tab

4. click the "new" button

5. select other from the appearing menu

6. enter 6881 into the tcp area then enter whatever name you want in description.

7. click ok

8. done. make sure the firewall is turned on.

Laplace

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Thanks, that got me running, but now my health status is constantly on the yellow face. The program suggests that this may be a problem with NAT? What does this mean and is there something I can do to get this fixed? My download rates are terriblly slow, im uploading alot faster than I am downloading, and on multiple different torrents as well.

thanks,
Laplace

toneloco2881

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2005
Laplace said:
Thanks, that got me running, but now my health status is constantly on the yellow face. The program suggests that this may be a problem with NAT? What does this mean and is there something I can do to get this fixed? My download rates are terriblly slow, im uploading alot faster than I am downloading, and on multiple different torrents as well.

thanks,
Laplace
You also have to forward the appropiate ports from the router to your computer. What you've done is just allowed traffic on your computer to be let through on the respective ports, but the router has to know what port's to forward, and to which computer.Look within the Airport Admin Utility for options to forward the ports. I think Apple refers to it as Port Mapping?

Laplace

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Yeah, I actually found it after the fact. For some reason it has just decided to start working now, I have no idea why.

Oh well, as long as it works im happy,

Now if I could just find out how to uninstall little snitch, I would be golden.

Laplace

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.