Opinion Needed...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Benjamindaines, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Mar 24, 2005
    A religiously oppressed state
    What do you think of this photo? I know it's really out of focus but for some reason it appeals to me. Link It's rather large so you're going to want to download unless you use a browser that supports scaling (Camino Shiira)

EDIT: This one too, this one I really like. Link NOTE I had to take the quality down a little on this one so keep that in mind. Also I DON'T want you to compare the two, take each on their own.
  2. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

Dec 8, 2003
    I'm not exactly a "fan" of either, but if they appeal to you then they appeal to you.
  3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I agree as a stand alone image they don't seem to work for me. As part of a series or as an editorial image they might work.
  4. FritzTheWonderM macrumors member

Dec 12, 2003
    Planet 10
  5. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Mar 10, 2005
    On both of them, the foreground is distracting and is obviously not the focus of the photograph. Foreground leading into your topic is okay, as long as it isn't so ... "in your face."

Perhaps elevate your camera a few feet before taking those shots. You still get the foreground leading in, but it isn't so dramatically in the foreground.

Also, both are very saturated. Looks too colorful. Try a tad bit of desaturation.