Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
but with regards to the mba those that know about it should also look into the mb and mbp to see which of the 3 best fits needs

after that it really is no ones buisness what people get.

i on the otherhand am content with my blackbook, as i have clearly made evident, at least for now lol

why argue against more options is how im feeling atm

BOSS10L

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2008
Upstate NY
There's very little logic *in* this thread; it's mostly people trying to justify the existence of the MBA without regard to the reality of a college student's needs. I'm graduating in six months, and if I've learned anything in the past four years, it's how hard money can be to come by in college, and how little "flash" means at the end of the day. I wish more people here would stop selfishly answering why they'd like an MBA, and instead offer the guy some decent advice on buying a reliable computer to last him for a couple of years without his needing to buy a dozen accessories to make full use of it. It's a bit frustrating to see how much bad advice has been given, but maybe this is one of those things people have to learn for themselves.

Wait until they make it out to the real world, and have a mortgage payment, daycare costs and taxes. ;)

It's not an inferior machine if it does everything you want it to!

By that logic, everyone should be driving a Yugo then, right? :confused:

ProPedderKustom

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2008
Wait until they make it out to the real world, and have a mortgage payment, daycare costs and taxes. ;)

By that logic, everyone should be driving a Yugo then, right? :confused:

One of my basic requirements for a vehicle is safety, and I hope this is true for you too!

I don't know why you feel the need to try to make those of us in college feel that we are not in the real world with mortgage payments, daycare costs, and taxes - that is not necessarily true. Many college students don't have time for a job, take on lots of debt without the balance of a physical asset [house/property], and purposely do not have children yet. I have plenty of pressure in school but manage it very well. I am about to graduate #1 in my class at Loyola Marymount University from the business school with a 4.0 GPA, I am a personal trainer outside of school, and I am an award-winning young entrepreneur with a great outlook for the future. I am making use of my education and being productive on all fronts!

If you are a college student on a tighter budget, get a MB. If you like the MBA and can afford it, then buy it! It really is not that difficult to understand. This thread shouldn't have turned into a trash-talking session about why college students are or are not financially able/responsible enough to buy a MBA.

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2004
One of my basic requirements for a vehicle is safety, and I hope this is true for you too!

I don't know why you feel the need to try to make those of us in college feel that we are not in the real world with mortgage payments, daycare costs, and taxes - that is not necessarily true. Many college students don't have time for a job, take on lots of debt without the balance of a physical asset [house/property], and purposely do not have children yet. I have plenty of pressure in school but manage it very well. I am about to graduate #1 in my class at Loyola Marymount University from the business school with a 4.0 GPA, I am a personal trainer outside of school, and I am an award-winning young entrepreneur with a great outlook for the future. I am making use of my education and being productive on all fronts!

If you are a college student on a tighter budget, get a MB. If you like the MBA and can afford it, then buy it! It really is not that difficult to understand. This thread shouldn't have turned into a trash-talking session about why college students are or are not financially able/responsible enough to buy a MBA.

Exactly. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.