Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2006
UK
Well, im not sure whether to post this here or the graphic design section, but what the hell! Im currently sketching / photoshopping up a website design for my friends father's golf course.

No code has been done yet, tho nothing complex is required really...but I'de love to hear from you guys on the general layout / theme I have designed.

Any suggestions on layout and aesthetics would be nice. I'll also stick up the chopp'ed up and coded 'actual' html pages later tomorrow when I start coding.

In the meantime, check the GIF! http://www.sheppcls.karoo.net/test.html

Ad :D

P.S: Their current site is at this link if anyone local wants to check it out: http://www.burstwickcountrygolf.co.uk

adom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2006
UK
Lol dont worry, I dont intend to. Just working with what my friend sent earlier to make a temporary space filler. More likely than anything the clubhouse will be on the front page.

adom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2006
UK
eto said:
looks pretty good. what is the plan for the "wing tabs" on the sides of your body?

Well as the structure of the body will be a pretty much centred table layout, I thought it might be nice to split the remainding screen either side of the pages with a dash of colour. Ive simply taken the 'green' colour of the main body of the page and faded it to give subtle contrast with the faint pastel tone of the page background.

So it will be Pale Background, Pale Green "wing" as you call it, and Pale Background running down each side of the pages - simply done with tables and %'s extending across the full page ;)

Oryan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Lincoln, NE
adom said:
Well as the structure of the body will be a pretty much centred table layout, I thought it might be nice to split the remainding screen either side of the pages with a dash of colour. Ive simply taken the 'green' colour of the main body of the page and faded it to give subtle contrast with the faint pastel tone of the page background.
The page is screaming DIVs to me, but I know I hate trying to get them to work right so I wouldn't wish them on anyone who isn't experienced in working with them. :eek:

eto

macrumors member
adom said:
So it will be Pale Background, Pale Green "wing" as you call it, and Pale Background running down each side of the pages - simply done with tables and %'s extending across the full page ;)

it just seems a tinge too bold, or the lines that create the "wing" structure are a little too defined. maybe just me

edit: I think that the sharp corners of the "wings" are throwing me off.

adom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2006
UK
Oryan said:
The page is screaming DIVs to me, but I know I hate trying to get them to work right so I wouldn't wish them on anyone who isn't experienced in working with them. :eek:

Yeah unfortunately im not. I've only really grasped the basics of webdesign through an extra curricular course I took whilst studying Business at university.

Never-the-less, Ill give it my best shot at making it work (as well as keeping it code-tidy). Wish me luck, lol!

adom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2006
UK
eto said:
it just seems a tinge too bold, or the lines that create the "wing" structure are a little too defined. maybe just me

edit: I think that the sharp corners of the "wings" are throwing me off.

Ah, ok. Well its a valid point. I could possibly desaturate the wing colour even more-so. I do think your right, when i have a 'racing stripe' going across, it could clash if im not careful with the colouring.

Thanks mate!

Need sleep...will check out any other comments / ideas u guys have 2moro. Just so u dont think im being ignorant! :p

eto

macrumors member
adom said:
Ah, ok. Well its a valid point. I could possibly desaturate the wing colour even more-so. I do think your right, when i have a 'racing stripe' going across, it could clash if im not careful with the colouring.

Thanks mate!

right on,

yeah, try desaturating and maybe a little more rounding of those top corners of the "wings" -- just a little --
or just go with what feels right! it is your design!

btw, what display resolution are you designing for?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.