Ordered, and been charged twice for my MacBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kimi, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Kimi macrumors regular

Right, I ordered a MacBook last week but cancelled it the next day as I wanted to add a slip case to the order. I then reordered it. looking at my bank statement turns out I was charged for both orders, both a day after I placed them. Is this normal? If so when can I expect my money back?

I used the UK HE store to purchase it.

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

hello local person ;)

if it was a stock macbook it could be because it was ready to ship immediately, but i've never heard of them going through that quickly (maybe i'm just out of touch).

give them a call and they'll reassure you that they'll drop the money back on to your card - however it can take up to 14 days to see those funds again, but remember that's not apple's fault.

3. Kimi thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not local at the moment, I'm at home in Newcastle :p I'll be back when the semester starts at the uni so I can enjoy the rain again :rolleyes: (Stirling was all flooded when I was last there :()

I'll give them a call in the morning, gotta wait for people to get off the phone :mad:. I can wait for the funds, so that's not a problem. It's more the surprise that I'm in the red (again...) than anything else. I would have expected them to wait for the dispatch before they charged me, but I've not ordered anything from Apple with my own card before.

4. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

They usually dispatch/charge at the same time, it's rather odd...

5. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

I'd call them as soon as possible to sort it out.
    If you get two MacBooks in the mail, don't open the second one.

6. gavd macrumors 6502a

Sounds odd to me as well, but I'm sure the funds will find there way back into your account. As bigandy says it could just take a few days.

7. Kimi thread starter macrumors regular

Just checked my account this morning before I gave them Apple a ring, and I've got my cash back took five days for them to return the funds :)

8. gavd macrumors 6502a

Good news. :)