Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kimi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Right, I ordered a MacBook last week but cancelled it the next day as I wanted to add a slip case to the order. I then reordered it. looking at my bank statement turns out I was charged for both orders, both a day after I placed them. Is this normal? If so when can I expect my money back?

I used the UK HE store to purchase it.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
hello local person ;)

if it was a stock macbook it could be because it was ready to ship immediately, but i've never heard of them going through that quickly (maybe i'm just out of touch).

give them a call and they'll reassure you that they'll drop the money back on to your card - however it can take up to 14 days to see those funds again, but remember that's not apple's fault.

Kimi

macrumors regular
Original poster
I'm not local at the moment, I'm at home in Newcastle :p I'll be back when the semester starts at the uni so I can enjoy the rain again :rolleyes: (Stirling was all flooded when I was last there :()

I'll give them a call in the morning, gotta wait for people to get off the phone :mad:. I can wait for the funds, so that's not a problem. It's more the surprise that I'm in the red (again...) than anything else. I would have expected them to wait for the dispatch before they charged me, but I've not ordered anything from Apple with my own card before.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
I would have expected them to wait for the dispatch before they charged me, but I've not ordered anything from Apple with my own card before.

They usually dispatch/charge at the same time, it's rather odd...

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Right, I ordered a MacBook last week but cancelled it the next day as I wanted to add a slip case to the order. I then reordered it. looking at my bank statement turns out I was charged for both orders, both a day after I placed them. Is this normal? If so when can I expect my money back?

I used the UK HE store to purchase it.

I'd call them as soon as possible to sort it out.
If you get two MacBooks in the mail, don't open the second one.

gavd

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2006
They usually dispatch/charge at the same time, it's rather odd...

Sounds odd to me as well, but I'm sure the funds will find there way back into your account. As bigandy says it could just take a few days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.