Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Did the San Francisco font get tweaked somewhat? On the left is Yosemite with San Francisco display font, and on the right is the 10.11 font from the screenshot @umzyi uploaded. Interesting.
Font Comparison.png

Reactions: Karlsruhe

Troy2000

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2009
Can anybody confirm whether this issue (delay between cursor and window movement) has been fixed?

blast87

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
How is the performance on the first beta? I am considering adding it to my 1.5 year old MacBook Air.

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
Does Notes & Reminders sync over iCloud drive rather than CalDAV and IMAP now, like those rumours suggested?

I'd like to know this, too. iCloud would be a bad deal for me. I want to use CalDAV and IMAP. But I think apple is not so stupid and cancels CalDAV and IMAP support. Many companies need this protocols and it's a plus for OS X and iOS to support that with the default apps.

Notes now syncs over iCloud Drive, although its not working for me on 10.11 so far. However you can still sync via IMAP for non iCloud stored notes - however some things seem to be disabled like checklists when you do that.

lint2015

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2013
I'd like to know this, too. iCloud would be a bad deal for me. I want to use CalDAV and IMAP. But I think apple is not so stupid and cancels CalDAV and IMAP support. Many companies need this protocols and it's a plus for OS X and iOS to support that with the default apps.
I would imagine it would still support CalDAV and IMAP if you're using it with a service other than iCloud. I certainly hope they use iCloud sync rather than IMAP for Notes though. I'm sick and tired of duplicate "Recovered Notes" every time I open the app.

EDIT: Confirmed in post above me. Ha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hanterdro

lint2015

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2013
Photos app will now support third-party editing.
Not entirely sure why Apple is saying this is a new feature. I thought that was always the point of the new Photos app. I guess they just didn't have extensions support for Photos done in time for a Yosemite point release.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
How is the performance on the first beta? I am considering adding it to my 1.5 year old MacBook Air.

I'm running a 2013 retina macbook pro.. I must say, its super smooth.. All apps are working right now.. That includes Adobe..

I had a problem setting up iMessage but i finally got that resolved.. Thats the only issues I have had

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.