OS X kbd shortcuts

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Beej, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Beej macrumors 68020

Jan 6, 2002
    Buffy's bedroom
    Just wondering if people are used to the OS X keyboard shortcuts yet... I still frequently try to get a new folder with command-N...

And does anyone ever use the 'Go to Folder' command in the Finder? And if you do... did you come from *nix?
  2. I_LOVE_APPLE macrumors newbie

Jun 18, 2002
    mac world
    yeah im just starting 2 get used 2 it now actaully. what do u think of them??

there is a new training manual out 4 it which is free. if u wanna know more just ask ill let u know where u can get it from.

macs rule.

3. britboy macrumors 68030

Nov 4, 2001
    Kent, UK
    I still use the old command+tab to switch programs, and i've gotten used to command+shift+n for a new folder. Took a while, and a couple of new windows, before i got that last one though :)

Another use for the keyboard is renaming files. Instead of having to click on them, i just arrow-key to them, hit return, and type away. Not a hot-key, i know, but useful nonetheless.
  4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    Commnad + K is a very useful one for conecting to servers.:)

The one that stil gets me sometimes is Command + M is minimize now...Command + L creates an alias.
  5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    I'm still amazed at the awesome power of the "option" key. :D

Just fiddle around in the Finder and do all sorts of stuff with Option held down. You may be surprised! The OS X Missing Manual book has been a gold mine in regards to keyboard shortcuts. (And that's about all I've read so far, hehe.)