Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Just wondering if people are used to the OS X keyboard shortcuts yet... I still frequently try to get a new folder with command-N...

And does anyone ever use the 'Go to Folder' command in the Finder? And if you do... did you come from *nix?

I_LOVE_APPLE

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2002
mac world
yeah im just starting 2 get used 2 it now actaully. what do u think of them??

there is a new training manual out 4 it which is free. if u wanna know more just ask ill let u know where u can get it from.

macs rule.

ROCK ON

:eek:

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
I still use the old command+tab to switch programs, and i've gotten used to command+shift+n for a new folder. Took a while, and a couple of new windows, before i got that last one though :)

Another use for the keyboard is renaming files. Instead of having to click on them, i just arrow-key to them, hit return, and type away. Not a hot-key, i know, but useful nonetheless.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Commnad + K is a very useful one for conecting to servers.:)

The one that stil gets me sometimes is Command + M is minimize now...Command + L creates an alias.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
I'm still amazed at the awesome power of the "option" key. :D

Just fiddle around in the Finder and do all sorts of stuff with Option held down. You may be surprised! The OS X Missing Manual book has been a gold mine in regards to keyboard shortcuts. (And that's about all I've read so far, hehe.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.