Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miles1013

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2021
Hey guys so recently I was digging through my storage and I came across a Developer Preview DVD of OS X Leopard! I have done some digging on the web just to get some back story for this disc but I cannot find much of anything, the most I have found is a Wiki page basically saying that it was given out at WWDC '07. I can't find any dumps for it or really any other information, what intrigues me is that I remember picking this disc up at a thrift store in San Fransisco when I lived in California and even when I bought it I couldn't find anything on it then either. Is this something rare that I have or just something that is so old there isn't really much info on it out there, any insight would be great! Thanks!!! Pictures are attached :)

Attachments

• IMG_1386.jpg
    IMG_1386.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_1387.jpg
    IMG_1387.jpg
    613.9 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_1388.jpg
    IMG_1388.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 191

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
Wow! Have you installed it? And would you be able to archive it to the Macintosh Garden?
There is one build on there but I don’t think it’s the same one as this. Unfortunately most that stuff is probably locked in the betaarchive, which is essentially just lost since access to it is impossible.

You should post this in the PPC subforum. I am there all the time and it’s actually a very active forum. I didn’t see this until today (in fact I thought 10.6 snow leopard was the earliest OS X subforum).

Reactions: Amethyst1

Queen Elsa

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2021
Sanfrancisco call
no becas im still confuesd on were tyo dowenload the intiert boot up with the emige it needs im new at mack and do noty knowe nouthing about them this is my very firest one and im starting to rregret buying it and bering told just dowenlod it i dont know what to look for

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Jan 1, 2018
Wow! Have you installed it? And would you be able to archive it to the Macintosh Garden?
There is one build on there but I don’t think it’s the same one as this. Unfortunately most that stuff is probably locked in the betaarchive, which is essentially just lost since access to it is impossible.

You should post this in the PPC subforum. I am there all the time and it’s actually a very active forum. I didn’t see this until today (in fact I thought 10.6 snow leopard was the earliest OS X subforum).
Active because we all know Apple gave up on PPC too soon which caused an uprising and thus we have a very large community of PowerPC mac users because PowerPC lives !

Queen Elsa

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2021
Sanfrancisco call
Hey guys so recently I was digging through my storage and I came across a Developer Preview DVD of OS X Leopard! I have done some digging on the web just to get some back story for this disc but I cannot find much of anything, the most I have found is a Wiki page basically saying that it was given out at WWDC '07. I can't find any dumps for it or really any other information, what intrigues me is that I remember picking this disc up at a thrift store in San Fransisco when I lived in California and even when I bought it I couldn't find anything on it then either. Is this something rare that I have or just something that is so old there isn't really much info on it out there, any insight would be great! Thanks!!! Pictures are attached :)
but i can not aford tyo keep puting in tyhis much cash on 5tyis old compiuter\but do not realy like microsoft that much this was my firest mack

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Jan 1, 2018

Beta archive at Apple ? All one needs is the key and its in there right ?

ChrisCharman

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2020
Bournemouth, UK
Hi @miles1013,

Do you still have this and have you uploaded anywhere online at all?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.