Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samroberto

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

coolspot18 said:
What's the rush? Not like Lion is bringing anything spectacular?

MACBOOOOOK AAAIIIIIIIIRRRS dude that's where it's at!

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
[url="http://www.loopinsight.com/"]LoopInsight's Jim Dalrymple tweeted this evening that he hopes "you guys don't lose too much sleep waiting for the new Macs and Lion tomorrow", suggesting that release won't happen on Thursday.

Enlgish is my native language and I believe I'm fairly adept at it. That said, I really don't see how that tweet equates to Lion not coming tomorrow. It is a fairly ambiguous statement that could have many different meanings.

In addition, he also mentions "new Macs" too. Is the release of hardware really tied that tightly to the release of Lion?

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
ALL OF THIS IS RUMORS!
There was no indication it would be released today but everyone said "it's coming out the 14th." - it didn't happen
Now that the 14th can't be speculated anymore everyone says "it's gotta be the 19th." - no one really knows

And as July runs out of days someone is going to eventually "call" the correct date and be like "see, i told ya so!"

All I'm saying is no one really knows anything...and all this hyping is just letting down a bunch of people who then get mad at Apple...when Apple just said July.

Give it a break. And yes I know this is macRUMORS...but it's starting to feel like macIWANTTHISTOHAPPEN...LETS HYPE IT UP.

Don't be mad at Apple...be mad at everyone spreading rumors.

(And yes I REALLY wanted a new MBA...this is my way of letting of some steam lol)

MACWhite

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2008
i stil think it'll happen today.....later today. Knowing that the App Store updates in the afternoon on Thursdays (both the MAS and the iOS App Store). That also holds true about the little quote, "I hope you don't loose too much sleep over Lion..."

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

How can Mr. X be wrong? I don't know what to believe anymore!

samroberto

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2008

KnightWRX said:

News site? LOL. News companies saying the same piece of information ten different ways over the course of an hour.. Mainly motivated by creating a buzz, very marginal academic soundness to what comes out of their mouth...

True, they're oft better than sheer "rumors". but I feel my time is nearly as pointlessly spent here on MR. :lol:

Now the Economist, that'll give me something to go on. :)

The point is some posters seem to think everything that gets posted on the main page of Mac Rumors is a done deal. They fail to realise this is not a news aggregator, it's a rumor aggregator. A lot of the crap on the front page doesn't pan out. To state as fact something because you read it on MacRumors (Apple is delaying Lion because MacRumors said it was going to be released on the 14th!) just shows how much some posters lack critical thinking that goes with reading rumors.

A point which you seemed to have missed in your hurry to reply to my post and lambaste news agencies.

No actually I did get that, and that's why I did make the effort to say at least news sites can do a bit better than rumors. aka, the failure to take the front pages here with a grain of salt is of greater foolishness than the typical news site, however ill, shallow, or unacademic their motivations may be.

I got your point. I believe the same thing.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Guess it takes longer to image thousands upon thousands of new Air's, MacBooks and Mini's then we all thought.

I'm betting Friday, July 29th.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
Guess it takes longer to image thousands upon thousands of new Air's, MacBooks and Mini's then we all thought.

I'm betting Friday, July 29th.

Yeah, even though I'm hoping it's today (with the overnighter), I had the same thought about the 29th. It just feels right and more solid than in the middle of the month. Since the 29th is well into the month, but not like the 31st or something, it feels right.

TheKnowledgeGuy

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2010
It SHOULD come out today(Thursday, July 14) because of the info we have so far of new hardware most very likely coming out today. If the hardware is coming out today, that will help so all the systems will be packaged running Lion already. Or will all new systems be packaged with Snow Leopard for upgrade? Then there are future upgrades such as the mysterious 10.9 Domestic Breed/Housecat.

It COULD come out on Sunday, July 17, because of other sources and info provided and the fact that 17 = 10.7, little chance on that last part, however.

It MIGHT come out on Monday, July 18, because of other sources and info provided.

It IS coming out this month because they are finished, and coincidentally(hopefully) because it is the 7th(1.7) month of the year.

iSmac

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2011
I guarantee I’m right it’s going to come out on the 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th or the 31st of July 2011.

how2style

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2011
ALL OF THIS IS RUMORS!
There was no indication it would be released today but everyone said "it's coming out the 14th." - it didn't happen
Now that the 14th can't be speculated anymore everyone says "it's gotta be the 19th." - no one really knows

And as July runs out of days someone is going to eventually "call" the correct date and be like "see, i told ya so!"

All I'm saying is no one really knows anything...and all this hyping is just letting down a bunch of people who then get mad at Apple...when Apple just said July.

Give it a break. And yes I know this is macRUMORS...but it's starting to feel like macIWANTTHISTOHAPPEN...LETS HYPE IT UP.

Don't be mad at Apple...be mad at everyone spreading rumors.

(And yes I REALLY wanted a new MBA...this is my way of letting of some steam lol)

I came here to post about how frustrated I was at Apple for doing this to me, but then I read this.

Thank you for the perspective

mram

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2011
Apple is normal

No kidding, it's all a migration to minimalize the Apple spirit. First we lose the 6-color Apple logo, then Apple quits "Think different" then they move to using intel processors (I didn't like this move), then they remove the Apple logo from the command key. Apple is progressively losing their coolness factor, one small move at a time.

By losing some distinction marks Apple is better adopted by the main stream (Apple is a commercial firm) or so they hope, they have done their best to get adopted in all-Windows environments by implementing, for example, Bootcamp and their eagerness to support Exchange as much in stead of praising their own Mail server.

Apple has a small identity crisis and you're right, they have been there for way to long. Also the reason why Office for Mac gets more praise from apple.com compared to the - IMHO - way superior iWork, although the latter needs some refreshments, hopefully to be seen soon, today would do...

Apple is superior, period.

Stok3

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2011
By losing some distinction marks Apple is better adopted by the main stream (Apple is a commercial firm) or so they hope, they have done their best to get adopted in all-Windows environments by implementing, for example, Bootcamp and their eagerness to support Exchange as much in stead of praising their own Mail server.

Apple has a small identity crisis and you're right, they have been there for way to long. Also the reason why Office for Mac gets more praise from apple.com compared to the - IMHO - way superior iWork, although the latter needs some refreshments, hopefully to be seen soon, today would do...

Apple is superior, period.

Firstly yes, Apple is superior LOL. but i disagree with them having an identity crisis. THey are transitioning into a consumer electronics company, something which they have been planning for a long time.
Their emphasis is on iPhones and iPads, which i have no problem with as long as they continue to produce good computers.

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
*Sigh*

I really need to stop reading these rumor sites, because they do nothing but get my hopes up, and at the end of the day, its all speculative BS that means nothing.

I sold my MBA in anticipation of getting a new MBA this week, and low and behold, nothing.

Stok3

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2011
*Sigh*

I really need to stop reading these rumor sites, because they do nothing but get my hopes up, and at the end of the day, its all speculative BS that means nothing.

I sold my MBA in anticipation of getting a new MBA this week, and low and behold, nothing.

dont worry it was still worth it

Yaboze

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2007
The Garden State
I think they're going to follow the pattern described in another thread here. The pattern showed they released OS's on a Friday towards the end of the given month.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
I guarantee I’m right it’s going to come out on the 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th or the 31st of July 2011.

Hehe, but you know you can still loose ?

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
theofficeuko.jpg

michael-scott-no.gif

mac.rumors

macrumors regular
May 9, 2008
London, UK

I think we'll have to wait until after Apple's earnings release next Tuesday.

samroberto

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2008

iSmac said:

My independently verified sources indeed confirmingly speculate this is true. Ref: www.shmacrumors.com

:lol:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.