Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1ringo

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2014
Just thought I’d chime in here. Same issue for me ALL day yesterday. Error after error.

I just changed my open DNS settings back to ISP’s settings per a previous post and … it STILL failed.

UGH , for some reason I was hopeful.

One tell-tale sign was reaching 1.1GB and then revert back to 300MB

*sigh*

OK, well came home and started the download again. Didn't take an unusually long time and it's done. The nice part: 24 minutes to fully install to a 1.5GB partition on a 7200rpm external. Away I go...

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
I never installed it.. after downloading from the app store, it launches installation, but you can quit (Command+Q) and drag and drop the package into VM and installed from there. (in this case i upgraded VM from 10.9.),but new install will still work fine... Fusion just hasn't added 10.10 to the list yet of support OS's

Alternatively, just download from mac app store from within the VM itself.

Excellent I guess I will try a fresh VM. I don't currently have OS X in a VM.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
OK, well came home and started the download again. Didn't take an unusually long time and it's done. The nice part: 24 minutes to fully install to a 1.5GB partition on a 7200rpm external. Away I go...

Sometimes it *does* pay to download at a later time.

In my case, I was just so dam persistent...

(call it a weakness)

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
Finally after at least 75 tries lol, it downloaded and I installed it. One thing it's very slow, once I click on any icon, it hangs up for at least 30 seconds or more. Once I'm on a webpage on Safari it will hang on again. Takes forever to get around. Glad it's on a flash drive!!

Why did you install it on a flash drive. It's no wonder it's slow. Flash drives don't reach nearly the same speeds as hard drives.

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2007
I know this is a huge thread so I may have missed this along the way.

What are people's biggest problems with the Public Beta??

Has anybody managed to get AirDrop working between their Mac and a compatible iOS 7 device?

bchreng

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
I'm probably in the minority here, but can anyone with a mid 2013 MBA chime in on how well Yosemite works with games? Specifically Civ 5, Sim City, The Sims 3 and Blizzard's games?

smartalic34

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
FYI

DP4 = "public beta"

Next week, we're getting DP5, not "public beta 2"

For the most part. PB1 had Handoff/Continuity removed and Feedback Assistant added (hence the different build number). But yes, DP5 does not equal PB2 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.