Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daphatgrant

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Hello, before anyone laughs, I have to state that this is needed by my Mom. I need to know if anyone still has Mac OS 7.5.2, and Wordperfect 3.0, and still knows where they are. My Mom has a Power Mac 7500/100 with a 512Mb HD and hold on to your hats 24MB of RAM. This amazing creature has been in service since she bought it back in '96. She cant find the OS Disc or her WordPerfect 3.0 floppy's. I tried contacting Apple about purchasing MacOS 7.5.2 from them, but I got no response (they are probably still laughing). If anyone has either of these please give me a shout.

Thanks a ton in advance for any support.

***I have tried to get her to upgrade for about 4 years now, if it were going to happen Im sure it would have happened about 3 years ago***

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Daphatgrant said:
I need to know if anyone still has Mac OS 7.5.2, and Wordperfect 3.0, and still knows where they are.
Well, I can't help with the WP, but Mac OS 7.x is now freeware, available for download here.

barrettwilson1

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2004
Hi, wordperfect 3.5e can be downloaded at http://acmfiles.csusb.edu/corel/wpmac.html

Additonally, many other add-ons can be found at http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/Abstracts/text/wp/HyperDate.html

Daphatgrant said:
Hello, before anyone laughs, I have to state that this is needed by my Mom. I need to know if anyone still has Mac OS 7.5.2, and Wordperfect 3.0, and still knows where they are. My Mom has a Power Mac 7500/100 with a 512Mb HD and hold on to your hats 24MB of RAM. This amazing creature has been in service since she bought it back in '96. She cant find the OS Disc or her WordPerfect 3.0 floppy's. I tried contacting Apple about purchasing MacOS 7.5.2 from them, but I got no response (they are probably still laughing). If anyone has either of these please give me a shout.

Thanks a ton in advance for any support.

***I have tried to get her to upgrade for about 4 years now, if it were going to happen Im sure it would have happened about 3 years ago***

Daphatgrant

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, My Moms Mac has never been reformated and after 8 years of faithful service it is about time that she is cleared off.
Thank you both again, the help is very much appreciated :D

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
i wish there would be a current version of wordperfect running native on osx. maybe apple could buy the rights and make it happen? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.