Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which machine looks the best then, eh?

• MacBook

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • MacBook Pro

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • iMac

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Mac Pro

Votes: 22 28.9%

• Total voters

jive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Scotland
So yeah, which of the current line up do you think looks the best? Not as in how well they perform simply on how they look...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
LOL nice thread. I voted iMac but I think the MB is a close runner-up. :)

But I think I'm keeping my Rev. B iMac G5 for now, and my rev. A iBook G4 until a MacBook comes with Core2Duo or the like and Leopard. :) Unless I give in to lust. :eek:

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
I would've voted for Mini, but since you didnøt include that, I took MacBook Pro. All it needs is a magnetic latch...:D

jive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Scotland
Oops, dammit. If a mod is able to change this to include a Mini it'd be greatly appreciated.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I like my white MacBook, it's actually much better looking than the similar white "make-up box" iBooks, and the black ones are even sexier... gotta be the MacBooks... ;)

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
michaeldmartin said:
You need xserver as well! :)

Meh, it's not really a computer you would have on i.e. your desk looking at when operating the computer, I wouldn't include it. BTW, I don't think it would get many votes either...:p

jive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Scotland
I surprised the MBP hasn't got more votes... I thought you all loved them >_>

However, I <3 my 17" iMac. 20 is too big imo >_> It looks gigantic on a smaller desk...

Monk Edsel

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2004
I think the beauty of the PowerBook was ruined when it morphed into the MacBook Pro. The bezel around the screen looks horrible to me now. Too wide on top, too many cut-outs, however necessary.

The PowerMac (Mac Pro) was ruined with the additional optical drive. It's just not the same clean design anymore, especially with the extra ports on the front, although the interior is a marvel.

The iMac still looks great, although if they shave an inch or so off the bottom, that would make it perfect.

The MacBook wins, then. It (the iBook) is the only computer that has gotten more attractive than before, although it did undergo a fairly substantial facelift to be fair.

The Mac mini is probably best of all, though! Perfect minimalist Apple design!

zane

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2006
Monk Edsel said:
I think the beauty of the PowerBook was ruined when it morphed into the MacBook Pro. The bezel around the screen looks horrible to me now. Too wide on top, too many cut-outs, however necessary.

I could not agree more.

Lincoln

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2003
UK
Whatever Mac is best for you

I voted for Mac Pro, buts thats cause I ordered one.

However if you need the smallest, lightest portabel Mac you'd get a MacBook
Need a portable with 15" or 17" screen then you'd get a MacBook Pro
Want a cheaper all in one - nothing beats an iMac
Need the fastest baddest mother of a desktop, you'd pick the Mac Pro

So its all relative really, unless you don't know what you want or Apple don't make what you want.

MacRumoron

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2005
Lincoln said:
I voted for Mac Pro, buts thats cause I ordered one.

However if you need the smallest, lightest portabel Mac you'd get a MacBook
Need a portable with 15" or 17" screen then you'd get a MacBook Pro
Want a cheaper all in one - nothing beats an iMac
Need the fastest baddest mother of a desktop, you'd pick the Mac Pro

So its all relative really, unless you don't know what you want or Apple don't make what you want.

the question is based on looks alone.. nothing else

Lincoln

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2003
UK
Whoops! Sorry about that:eek:

I think in that case it has to be the black MacBook.

MacAnkka

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2006
Finland
As everyone knows. The outside looks don't matter, what matters is what's inside.

And we can all agree on that when it comes to "nude" shots, MacPro wins the prize!

ricgnzlzcr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
I'd say the mac pro looks dead sexy. Otherwise I'd say the macbook because it just feels right when I use it. The MBP doesn't hold the same glamour it did when the aluminum powerbooks came out for some reason. Still, I'd like a 17 inch macbook pro very badly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.