Outlook/Entourage: Error - 17900

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by crackbookpro, Nov 5, 2009.

1. macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

I am trying to set up my work computer with Outlook. When I am trying to do the exchange server for Entourage, I put in all the correct fields, but when I click the 'verify settings' icons to verify - it gives me a an error.

ERROR - 17900

I have the new 21.5" iMac with the ATI graphics card running Snow Leopard. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks... I appreciate any help!

2. macrumors 6502a

Kronie

Outlook and Entourage don't communicate. If your trying to access a machine running outlook on your mac you S.O.O.L. ( I can spell that out if you need me to) :)

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

S.O.O.L is what I am afraid of...

What do you mean by "don't communicate"?

4. macrumors regular

I noticed you said "Verify Settings" button, which leads me to believe you're doing the simple setup/wizard.

Try setting up a new Exchange account, and select "Configure Account Manually".

When we migrated to Exchange 2007, I had to do that for our Entourage users.

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

I did configure it manually like you said. Did all the necessary steps for it. I am using 2008 - if that makes a difference.

6. macrumors regular

Alright.

I don't have the new iMac, but I did setup an Exchange account using Office 2008 on a brand new MBP w/ 10.6. I know it's not the exact same hardware/drivers then, but I am pressed to verify that the settings are at least correct.

Have you connected to this Exchange account before, using Entourage? (on any Mac).

the Exchange Server field needs to hit a certain location of the server, b/c of WebDAV issues.

For Example: https://ex.company.com/exchange/username

[where ex.company.com would the the location of the exchange server, and username would be your username]

If you're positive the settings are good, and/or you've done it before, let me know. I'm asking this b/c in my experience, ERROR - 17900
    means authentication error.

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

Unfortunately, I did all those steps, and I know it is an authentication error - I don't have a clue and neither does googlelizing this a 100 different ways. I appreciate the help luffx. Gracias! If an idea breaks through, please give me a shout on here.

I think it just may not work. If I don't find an answer by tomorrow I may have to let 'er go, and get a Windows 7 desktop.

8. macrumors newbie

I would most certainly call apple to get help before I would return the thing. Just because this board cant help you doesnt mean it cant be "fixed".

9. thread starter macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

...if my IT director can't do it, I'm screwed.

I'm done googlelizing!!! This blows - the iMac is nice though :p

Anyone work at Apple or Microsoft who can help?

The iMac is the new 21.5'' w/the ATI GPU running SL... Please read 1st post /\ /\