Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dshaindlin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2002
Hey experts...please help! For the second time my Pismo firewire (running 10.2.4) has decided to "overlap" files...and my mail icon only bounces when I attempt to open it. This happened with 10.2.3 and I ended up wiping everything out and starting from scratch....praying I won't have to do that this time...I ran Diskwarrior and it "repaired" the file 111 of them overlapped.......but mail still just bounces when I click on it.

Any ideas?????

thanks in advance

Dan Shaindlin

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
overlapped files generally can't be recovered, the repair is just that it cleans up the mess. If the overlap was a file inside of your mail.app, you might have to reinstall it. Do you have a backup or CD, anywhere to obtain a copy of mail.app... your prefs should be saved for you...

pnw

dshaindlin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2002
Overlapped files...mail won't open...

Originally posted by paulwhannel
overlapped files generally can't be recovered, the repair is just that it cleans up the mess. If the overlap was a file inside of your mail.app, you might have to reinstall it. Do you have a backup or CD, anywhere to obtain a copy of mail.app... your prefs should be saved for you...

Do you mean the Jaguar installation discs?? Should I just reinstall....or do I need to find the mail.app somewhere else.....?

Thanks for your help!

Dan S

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.