Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
L1003183.jpg

Not meant to be anything other than an entry into this particular topic. I'll have better ones, I promise :). I do have an interest in intentional camera movement but have a very, very long way to go.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
I know! You've done some amazing images which have been an inspiration, and I'd love to get to at least some level of competency in it. We shall see.
I find in general, it's best to move the camera in the direction of the objects. So it looks like in your photo you had some up and down grasses. I'd move the camera top to bottom or bottom to top. It looks like you've moved it side to side.

It's not a hard and fast rule, and it's absolutely something you just keep trying until you get one you like, but try enhancing the direction of your subject next time. 🙂

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
I find in general, it's best to move the camera in the direction of the objects. So it looks like in your photo you had some up and down grasses. I'd move the camera top to bottom or bottom to top. It looks like you've moved it side to side.

It's not a hard and fast rule, and it's absolutely something you just keep trying until you get one you like, but try enhancing the direction of your subject next time. 🙂
That’s great advice and I’ll definitely give that a whirl, thank you!

Reactions: bondr006 and mollyc

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Here is a fun image - fun in that I was messing about in a moment of downtime this past week while in Munich. It is technically a fail. When I took the image I was messing with an ND filter and forgot to put the settings back before the next shot but I kind of like the result.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Here is a fun image - fun in that I was messing about in a moment of downtime this past week while in Munich. It is technically a fail. When I took the image I was messing with an ND filter and forgot to put the settings back before the next shot but I kind of like the result.

i like how you can see the people through the windows of the train.

Reactions: kenoh and bondr006
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.