Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
This is certainly full sun! 🌞

Lately I have been trying to capture better photos with my iPhone. I have to confess I find it a lot easier to just snap with my iPhone than lugging my camera with me — especially when hiking and travelling. In the bag, or in the hand? (And it is only a smallish Sony A6500!)

Anyway, here is a full sun iPhone 13 pic… Strong watercolour effects all round, unfortunately. 🤨

View attachment 2218829
iPhone 13
This is a good composition. I admit when I use my phone, even for a "good" photo, I still almost always take it vertically. And yet I'll easily switch a regular camera back and forth. 🤨 But this is a good reminder to always try different angles, regardless of the device.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
P52 June - 1 (3).jpeg

Taken 3 days ago

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
View attachment 2219989

I find this crop more pleasing than the above. It just "rests on my eye" better. It got rid of the annoying "ray gun" greenish thingie on the right and just "seems" slightly better. I'd love any feedback that folks have (and includes if your choices are entirely different than my own :)).
The Rule of Thirds strikes again. ;) I'd also prefer this crop.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016

View attachment 2219032
Does it count as a picture of a full sun?🙃

View attachment 2219841
My last June photos have been taken with an iPhone as well.

Have been busy the past week and have been trying to do stuff outside and off the computer, which is good for real life, but bad for staying caught up with you all!

Such a great variation here. ❤️ I really love the poppy one, and I can tell the building with the sun on it was taken in full sun based on your bright blue sky. 🙂

• Love
Reactions: bondr006 and katbel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.